By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - KH3 outselling FFXIII?

Torillian said:
sc94597 said:
Torillian said:
I'll bet you right now if you want SC....I'll even keep the bet if it ends up multiplat ^^

I want to wait and see which platform(s) its released on first.

psh...pansy....

Man up....put your nuts where your mouth is.....and then stop.....cuz that's gross.

Lol I am not certain about it yet, but I do know that it is extremely possible.

Around the Network

FF13 will have similar first week as last gen FFs, which mean 2-2.5 million first week and LTD depends on user base. Which mean KH3 will never outsell FF13 unless they release on other systems also apart from PS3.

I don`t think, that KH3 would sell even on Wii over 10 mln.
FFXIII on PS3 definitely will.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

sc94597 said:
Sqrl said:
@sc9,

I think the obvious multi-plat is PS3/Wii. If you look at the success of the PS3 this last year, the tremendous success of the Wii since launch, and the demographics of who is buying those consoles it really makes sense for the game to be on both of those consoles.

Honestly it just makes a lot of dollars and sense(sic) for it to be multi-platform.

Really? That is a weird mixture. How would that work? The wii version would most likely have tacked on controls, and the ps3 version's graphics wouldn't be that  great. Unless they both would use crystal tools , but I thought the crystal tools engine for the wii was severly limited.

@Whacker& Lightining The hype will die down why? You guys are going to be very dissapointed with XIIIs sales imo. I tell you guys this. Once a console is announced for Kh3 I will decide if I should bet both of you or anyone who wants to bet that Kh3 will sell more than FFXIII.

A Wii and PS3 version would pretty much be two compeltely different games because of how different the platforms are. I really don't see that happening.

And saying that the Wii's crystal tools are "severely limited" makes no sense. Crystal Tools is tailored to toward each platform it's on, a limited Wii crystal toosl would basically not take advantage of any of the Wii's features.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

sc94597 said:
Sqrl said:
@sc9,

I think the obvious multi-plat is PS3/Wii. If you look at the success of the PS3 this last year, the tremendous success of the Wii since launch, and the demographics of who is buying those consoles it really makes sense for the game to be on both of those consoles.

Honestly it just makes a lot of dollars and sense(sic) for it to be multi-platform.

Really? That is a weird mixture. How would that work? The wii version would most likely have tacked on controls, and the ps3 version's graphics wouldn't be that  great. Unless they both would use crystal tools , but I thought the crystal tools engine for the wii was severly limited.

@Whacker& Lightining The hype will die down why? You guys are going to be very dissapointed with XIIIs sales imo. I tell you guys this. Once a console is announced for Kh3 I will decide if I should bet both of you or anyone who wants to bet that Kh3 will sell more than FFXIII.

Of course hype has died down. Have you seen any of the forums regarding KHIII? about 75% are about which console it will be on. It seems to be the only thing they care about. I'm not saying it will have no hype when it releases, just not as much as it's recieving at the moment.

And i doubt i will be dissapointed with FFXIIIs sales. And i believe FFXIII will sell more then KH3, especially if KH3 is released on the PS3, which i believe it will.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Around the Network

How stupid is this argument.

It doesn't stand a chance....a new FF ona new console always sells HUGE numbers

as for hype.....is there not more hype for FF13?? there definetely is.

people said the same thing about MGS4....now they are eating crow.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Maybe if kh3 comes to wii it will sell more but if it does come to ps3 then i dont think so.

@TBone

even then it won't stand much of a chance....remember PS2 userbase = ZOMG >>> wii userbase

also isn't KH a "declining" franchise due to 1 game going down in sales...right??

{note -- loads of sarcasm}

CrazzyMan said:
I don`t think, that KH3 would sell even on Wii over 10 mln.
FFXIII on PS3 definitely will.

You have a weird definition of definitely.  Either that or you dream alot.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

How dare you

Crazzyman is the most rational & realistic poster on Vg Chartz....such behaviour should be encouraged not discouraged.