By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - KH3 outselling FFXIII?

Last gen, neither FF or KH were very big in Europe (except for FFX, which sold 1/4th of its total in Europe, none of them made 1/6th of its total in Europe). Now, when Ps3 has its largest userbase in Europe, this could hurt both these titles sales a lot more than it will hurt GT, GTA or MGS. If KH is on Wii, it won't have this problem, and due to a lack of RPGs, this could sell on par, if not better, than its presessors. KH on Wii will almost definately sell 5M, due to lack of RPGs (or quality 3rd party titles for that sake) and demographics.FFXIII will have a bigger problem selling 5M if it's released in first half of '09, as its userbase in Japan/America will be fairly low (read: possibly around 1/3 in both areas).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

it depends on if KH3 is wii bound or if it is multi plat or if its ps3 still

b/c if it hits the wii it will out sell it simply b/c of the user base being larger and it being a top tier game

YOu people need to really get out of dream world. FFXIII won't be anywhere close to the best selling FF. It won't sell more than 7 million, because of it's userbase in japan. Seriously stop making such outlandish predictions like 10 mIn or even 8 or 9 mIn. It won't sell too many consoles, and will have an OoT effect that OoT had for the n64 in japan. So no matter how much you would like it this won't happen.

Well, people are obsessed with it making new threads to say that they think it is coming to PS3 or Wii. But Final Fantasy is though of as being the saviour of the PS3 in Japan. Personally I am more excited for Final Fantasy XIII and I think that that is generally the case

nope, not a chance

Around the Network

Dont be ridiculous!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

More topics mean more fight between fan boys otherwise hype for FF13 is 10x more then KH3.

Soriku said:
Actually, it's not as far-fetched as people say (at least if it hits the Wii).

KH was on the PS2 along with FF. Obviously, FF was the "bigger" franchise on the PS2 because it's a long-running series and not to mention the PS1 FFs sold extremely well. KH was a totally new franchise featuring FF characters....and Disney characters. Pretty strange mix, no?

Anyway, people had a choice. Either get FF (which is a much popular franchise than KH) or get KH (totally new franchise). Obviously most people would rather pick FF. But that's due to them being on the same system. What if they were on different systems?

If KH3 is on the Wii, people might not have to make that choice. FF would be the "big" SE franchise on the PS3 while KH is the "big" SE franchise on the Wii. The Wii is outselling the PS3 and KH could potentially sell better than FF XIII because they're not on the same system plus the Wii has a larger userbase. You're comparing a popular game on a less popular system to a less popular (though not by much anymore) to a very popular system.

It's not that far-fetched.

Sorry but your post just made it far-fetched

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:
Actually, it's not as far-fetched as people say (at least if it hits the Wii).

KH was on the PS2 along with FF. Obviously, FF was the "bigger" franchise on the PS2 because it's a long-running series and not to mention the PS1 FFs sold extremely well. KH was a totally new franchise featuring FF characters....and Disney characters. Pretty strange mix, no?

Anyway, people had a choice. Either get FF (which is a much popular franchise than KH) or get KH (totally new franchise). Obviously most people would rather pick FF. But that's due to them being on the same system. What if they were on different systems?

If KH3 is on the Wii, people might not have to make that choice. FF would be the "big" SE franchise on the PS3 while KH is the "big" SE franchise on the Wii. The Wii is outselling the PS3 and KH could potentially sell better than FF XIII because they're not on the same system plus the Wii has a larger userbase. You're comparing a popular game on a less popular system to a less popular (though not by much anymore) to a very popular system.

It's not that far-fetched.

Sorry but your post just made it far-fetched

How is it far fetched? its extremely possible.

Soriku said:

@darth

In what way did my post make it far-fetched? Don't say it's far-fetched without anything to back your statement up.

Because FFXIII is going to sell 8-10mln soriku.