By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why wouldn't the Wii be able to emulate ANY Dreamcast games?

and you think he's right because, I HAVE know idea why you do but it's doesn't matter to me take some advice you got out of a chatroom or write a letter to nintendo, I do not care..........

Around the Network

Nobody answered my question yet. When games are ported to the VC are they ran using an emulator, or are they recoded for the wii? It's possible if it is recoded for the wii, but if not then it will run very badly. There won't be any chance at all that it will run on the wii now though since the low memory, and the solution has to allow for alot of gbs if you don't want to run out of space, because Dreamcast games go up to 1.5 gbs I believe.

jeffrey9999 said:
and you think he's right because, I HAVE know idea why you do but it's doesn't matter to me take some advice you got out of a chatroom or write a letter to nintendo, I do not care..........

What about working with emulators for quite some time?

Are you ok dude? You seem mad.

sc94597 said:
Nobody answered my question yet. When games are ported to the VC are they ran using an emulator, or are they recoded for the wii? It's possible if it is recoded for the wii, but if not then it will run very badly. There won't be any chance at all that it will run on the wii now though since the low memory, and the solution has to allow for alot of gbs if you don't want to run out of space, because Dreamcast games go up to 1.5 gbs I believe.

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but here is something I found quickly:

Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console games have been fully dumped, decrypted, and extracted. We found there are ROMS in the virtual console games and they are even playable in emulators (ex: Snes9x). Most of all, the documentation for a virtual console game that is viewable on the Nintendo Wii is just a bunch of HTML files! SCREENSHOTS INCLUDED.

Here's the link: http://digg.com/nintendo/Nintendo_Wii_Virtual_Console_games_just_ROMS_and_HTML_files?t=14554781

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

maybe until they release more space,because its games take up alot of space,then they wil put DC on VC

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

yeah I'm fine now but every time I come into a nutcase chatroom like this (everyones right and everyones a smartass) and why would I believe him I don't even know him who's to say he really does the things he says he does besides himself (knowone)
now what if I was to tell you jesus christ was black I'd be lying if I want by how the bible describes him now wouldn't I............ I'm not even really in the mood for this I was talking to the person who wrote this thread and then someone cuts me off......... wtf is up with that, yeah I seen a few responses but I didn't say anyone inparticular an I didn't cut&past like an ass.......... well I'll be out soon I'm about ready to go to the store soon..........

Don't assume everyone here is just a 14 year old game junky, there are several members on the site who work in programming and are far more likely to give you a decent answer than some Nintendo PR flunky who know's nothin' about nothin'.

Oh so then it does run by emulator. Well maybe, Nintendo is really talented and since both consoles use power pcs you might see SOME games that run good, but most won't. A lucky thing about the Dreamcast dieng early is that it wasn't pushed to it's limits and the wii may benefit from this in the form of emulation, but Nintendo and sega would have to work together to make an emulator that works on playable levels let alone smoothly. I wouldn't discount it, but unfortunately too little is known about the wii's hardware to make estimates for certain, but right now I'm not seeing too many games running well on the wii. ALso I don't really see the benefit since most of the good Dreamcast games were ported to the gamecube such as SoA.

fazz said:
jeffrey9999 said:

What about working with emulators for quite some time?

Are you ok dude? You seem mad.

Out of all of this guy's posts, they've all seemed like this angry, spedily, short-tempered, and poorly written. I swear he's from Neo-GAF.

jeffrey9999 said:
yeah I'm fine now but every time I come into a nutcase chatroom like this (everyones right and everyones a smartass) and why would I believe him I don't even know him who's to say he really does the things he says he does besides himself (knowone)
now what if I was to tell you jesus christ was black I'd be lying if I want by how the bible describes him now wouldn't I............ I'm not even really in the mood for this I was talking to the person who wrote this thread and then someone cuts me off......... wtf is up with that, yeah I seen a few responses but I didn't say anyone inparticular an I didn't cut&past like an ass.......... well I'll be out soon I'm about ready to go to the store soon..........

Chatroom.. this is a message board.. there is a MAJOR difference.....

Still you were completely wrong and you flipped out.

To emulate anyways you need hardware that is 10 to 20 times stronger then the system you are trying to emulate. Considering the Dreamcast is stronger then the GameCube there is no way in hell the console can run the game. The main reason why the Wii can even play GC games without emulation is that the processor and GPU are similar to what was in the GC just at a higher clock.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453