By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why wouldn't the Wii be able to emulate ANY Dreamcast games?

what he said is a basic rumor amongst kids, thats like say "well its basic knowledge to make your own atari" know it ain't and yooooooooouur friend is talk about me if I didn't cut&past his quotes and use his name who's to say I was talking about you or him or anyone imparticularly I was talking about the typical know it all I didn't even read anything on this page till about 3 message later by look up at the screen and seeing some smartass remark about what he said cut&past.......

Around the Network

To emulate something, you typically need the console to be 7 times stronger than what it is trying to emulate.

Furthermore, you are going to need skilled people to create the emulator to make things compatible and tweak code (often overhaul) so things actually run. The more complex the console, the more difficult it becomes to emulate it even with the necessary power behind you.

The best N64 emulators [on PC's] right now are still buggy as hell and are a pain to deal with, so DC won't be pretty. I know that there are DC and PS2 emulators for PC, but again they are riddled with problems.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Everybody, even if it was possible the games are far to large to download, and won't even fit on the wii.

sc94597 said:
jeffrey9999 said:
yeah and I'm pretty sure knowone here knows "much about the emulation biz either" all your get out of ask a bunch of people who play video games 24/7 who don't know shit, is shit information..........

write a letter to nintendo the'll send you back I use to do it all the time........

then a person who knows what the hell there talking about will answer this gooooooooooood question...........

Sorry for my ignorance because I'm automatically wrong and a big fanboy who doesn't want dreamcast games to go to the wii./sarcasm. Tell me why am I wrong? Sure the wii will be able to emulate a dreamcast game, but very poorly. It would run at very bad framerates, and with alot of glitches.

So, it is somewhat possible, albeit with poor results. I don't think memory will be a problem after E3, but that remain to be seen. It will be addressed eventually though.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

So a PC with the capabilities of running Crysis wouldn't be able to run a N64 game well, or are we just talking a basic desktop computer?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

maybe maybe not, I'm not going to act like I know and I'm not going to believe a customer either or a kid, or a screen name and it's far from the average persons knowledge weather or not the wii could play dreamcast games on the vc but I do know it is alot more powerful than the dreamcast so I DO THINK IT COULD but I'll say I'm not sure........

We won't see any stable DC emulators even for PC for a long time, if ever. Even the PS1 emulators have a multitude of issues compared to what SNES emulators can do. Part of that has to do with the difference between low level and high level emulation.....if we ever get hardware powerful enough (assuming coders talented enough would work on it) to do low instead of high level emulation of consoles from generation 5 and beyond, then we might see the same emulation quality we enjoy with generation 4 hardware and older emulators.

jeffrey9999 said:
maybe maybe not, I'm not going to act like I know and I'm not going to believe a customer either or a kid, or a screen name and it's far from the average persons knowledge weather or not the wii could play dreamcast games on the vc but I do know it is alot more powerful than the dreamcast so I DO THINK IT COULD but I'll say I'm not sure........

Well If it helps I built 3 pcs, I'm learning some programming(C to be specific), and been studying the wii's architecture and specs for my analysis on its graphical capabilities. I really hate how some people judge others by their age. It's really ignorant. Just because I'm 14 doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about, and I probably know more than alot of people older than me.

Ok, and you KNOW THIS RIGHT, well I think your wrong, but whatever I don't even care, but if you going to give advice make sure your right witch......... I DONT BUY IT

jeffrey9999 said:
Ok, and you KNOW THIS RIGHT, well I think your wrong, but whatever I don't even care, but if you going to give advice make sure your right witch......... I DONT BUY IT

And you think he's wrong because...?