By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why wouldn't the Wii be able to emulate ANY Dreamcast games?

but as far as I know, why not it can play n64 games and thats about half the dreamcast right there.........

Around the Network
jeffrey9999 said:
but as far as I know, why not it can play n64 games and thats about half the dreamcast right there.........

What, I never said that the wii couldn't emulate n64 games, and no the dreamcast is many times more powerful than the n64. About the difference between the wii from the ps2.

I don't know how the virtual console works though. Does it use an emulator, or are the games recoded for the wii? If the latter than dreamcast games are definately possible on the wii, but probably won't happen due to storage issues.

well I wasn't talking about you inparticularly but ok how about this, why dont you show us all your crodentials since you've been obviously working on video games for years ((((((sarcasm))))))) so you must be an expert right ((((((((((sarcasm)))))))))))
ITS NOT RIGHT TO TELL PEOPLE THINGS YOU DO NOT KNOW.........

jeffrey9999 said:
well I wasn't talking about you inparticularly but ok how about this, why dont you show us all your crodentials since you've been obviously working on video games for years ((((((sarcasm))))))) so you must be an expert right ((((((((((sarcasm)))))))))))

Dude calm down, what he said is basic knowledge.

Around the Network

I LIKE how people act like they attended digipen for the last 20years........
ASK THE SOURCE this question they would know, not a bunch of 14or17 year old kids in high school........ or middle or even possibley elementry

jeffrey9999 said:

Well you don't need to be an expert to know this. Here is an example of emulation of a game being more than a console could handle.

Now the difference betweenthe psp and n64 is less than the difference between the wii and dreamcast, but the architectures are very similar allowing for comparison. Anyway, good luck downloading multiple gbs of dreamcast games to the wii's 512mb flash memory.

jeffrey9999 said:
I LIKE how people act like they attended digipen for the last 20years........
ASK THE SOURCE this question they would know, not a bunch of 14or17 year old kids in high school........ or middle or even possibley elementry

Go ahead, I bet he will tell you the same thing.

Mr 41 posts, the guy asked for an opinion, "put it into laymens terms or start kicking out system specs", so that's what he got. No one here is claiming to be an expert, chill.

It would require extensive emulation programming and software rewriting, so overall it would be easier to simply port the assets over and make it a "proper" Wii game instead.

Even N64 and PS1 are far behind where they should be emulation-wise, so it goes without saying last generation is even harder. It also doesn't help the Wii isn't as powerful; had it been, it might be able to handle it a little better.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3