By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i hope its true, then all the ps3 fanboys , can keep on complaining about a series that was once only on their platform. who cares if a company buys time-exclusive or full exclusive, its a business ppl and where the money is at or coming from is where a game or series is going to appear on. like star ocean4 , i think square-enix put it on the xbox 360 to help balance out the games across the platforms. just stop complaining and just enjoy the games.

When was Resisdent Evil ever only on PlayStation platforms?  RE 1/2 came to the ps1 and N64, RE2/3, RE0, and a remake of RE1 all went to the GC, and RE4 went to the GC/ps2/Wii.

Around the Network

well like this they will get more sales of the game,but i dont really think it will be a system seller

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i hope its true, then all the ps3 fanboys , can keep on complaining about a series that was once only on their platform. who cares if a company buys time-exclusive or full exclusive, its a business ppl and where the money is at or coming from is where a game or series is going to appear on. like star ocean4 , i think square-enix put it on the xbox 360 to help balance out the games across the platforms. just stop complaining and just enjoy the games.

Don't you just love someone "pretend" to be speaking from a neutral party's point of view when he is CLEARLY a xbox fan?

I mean, how would you feel if it's PS3 buying time exclusivity???

I don't mind fanboy, I just don't like people denying they are when all evidences point otherwise.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I don't understand why u r complaining about Microsoft. Sony did the same thing with Haze :D They paid Ubisoft for exclusivity at a time, the game looked great. Now MS does the same thing with a better selling title. This is just the business.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

I don't understand why u r complaining about Microsoft. Sony did the same thing with Haze :D They paid Ubisoft for exclusivity at a time, the game looked great. Now MS does the same thing with a better selling title. This is just the business.

yes it is,but this will help them since this will sell alot and micreosoft will get some cash off of it

Around the Network

ps3 install base will be greater than 360 install base by the time RE5 comes out. and will keep pulling away.

regarding the issue it would make no sence for capcom to release 360 1st then ps3 later, both will be great games and will sell like bucket loads. il be buying the ps3 version

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

MS buying a timed exclusive would definately count this as a “speculator and….desperate announcement”.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
MS buying a timed exclusive would definately count this as a “speculator and….desperate announcement”.

but it will help them

Skeeuk said:

ps3 install base will be greater than 360 install base by the time RE5 comes out. and will keep pulling away.

regarding the issue it would make no sence for capcom to release 360 1st then ps3 later, both will be great games and will sell like bucket loads. il be buying the ps3 version

The PS3 install base will be nowhere near the 360 by the time RE5 hits, but nice try. Any small bumps the PS3 may have for June will be erased instantly in December where the 360 outsold the PS3 by nearly 500k last Christmas in the US alone. I think it was even more than that the previous holiday season, two times that I believe. 360 will crush the PS3 this holiday season and I have two PS3s in my household and I can say that pretty much easily. There is no other game I want to buy for the console for the rest of the year and there are no killer apps either. MS holiday line-up is much, much stronger. MGS4 was the last big gun Sony had for a long, long time. Moreover if RE5 hits the 360 exclusively this holiday season this will make the gap even bigger.

brute said:
dbot said:

but it will help them

But how much? Is 2 DLCs of GTAIV really worth 50 million dollars????

Is a few months of exclusive right really going to get enough people to buy 360 in order to justify that kind of money?? Well, the answer is no, and Microsoft is only hurting gamers.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)