By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

First of by time RE5 release PS3 install base will be bigger then 360 and remember the game is big in Japan which mean it will sell more on PS3 even if they release tomorrow.

Around the Network

Resident evil sucks anyway, what does it matter if ms really bought this one as timed exclusive? Some ps3/wii people would not be able to play it for what, 6 months? I don't think that this one will be a big seller on 360 even as timed exclusive.

Videogame247, i think you should check your sources and grow a pair of nuttsies

kingofwale said:
if I were Capcom, this is what I'm seeing.

1. 5 million first week is what is expected to sell on PS3. and put it around 3.2 million in 6 months.

In order for it to show up exclusively on xbox 360, Capcom should demand the amount that is expected to NOT make from not releasing on PS3. which is 3.2 million x 30 bucks. That's over 60 million.

if Microsoft is willing to pay 60 million. Then Go ahead!

Check your math.

FilaBrasileiro said:
kingofwale said:
if I were Capcom, this is what I'm seeing.

1. 5 million first week is what is expected to sell on PS3. and put it around 3.2 million in 6 months.

In order for it to show up exclusively on xbox 360, Capcom should demand the amount that is expected to NOT make from not releasing on PS3. which is 3.2 million x 30 bucks. That's over 60 million.

if Microsoft is willing to pay 60 million. Then Go ahead!

Check your math.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I mean using his figures it would be 96 million dollars.

Around the Network
libellule said:
==> Can MS leave the video game market ?? At least Sony is producing some games ...

I stopped here, I'll read the rest of the thread later on, and edit in something if I feel I need to.

Games published by Sony Computer Entertainment for Ps3: 20 released ones.

For X360: 18

X360 has 8 1M sellers, Ps3 has 6 1M sellers.

Sony is making a bit more games, but not a lot.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

libellule said:
ToastyJaguar,

Gran Turismo
God of War
Socom
Ico
Shadow of colosseus
Unchartred
Killzone2
Resistance
Motorstorm

Despite not all being produced by Sony (GT and GoW are), they are all supported by Sony that collaborates exclusively with the developpers.

MS is not creating new game content (except Halo/Forza), it is just stealing games that were already coming ...
except now they may come exclusively to Xbox360 ...

Actually, all of those were developed internally except for Resistance and MotorStorm, and Sony bought the MotorStorm developers last year, so MotorStorm 2 is being developed internally as well.

People really underestimate Sony's 1st party.

I wouldn't put it past MS to try this. I am pretty sure there is an offer already. If Capcom rejects this offer then it will only remain a 'rumor'.
Anyway if this really happens, I am going to sell my Xbox. I'll play Mass Effect on a PC.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

So, help me out. Capcom leans toward the 360 and just because the PS3 has momentum in spurts, folks are crying bloody murder. Didn't Capcom make 'Lost Planet' a timed exclusive on the 360 first, then the PS3? And seeming MS scored DMC 4 on their console for a core PS title speaks volumes.

MS still has the lead, and most multiplat games tend to sell better on the 360. It's about the almighty dollar - euro - yen - dinars - duckies - Benjamins. Loot.

I bought a PS2 just to play GTA. I already had an Xbox and had no real plans to buy a PS2 until that game came out.

If folks want RE on an HD console, they can wait for it on the PS to come out much later or buy it on the 360. I dunno about you, but if I like a game and wanna play it right now, waiting is not an option.

Wow, people are letting this rumour, which is perilously lacking in credibility gain traction?

RE5 is not coming exclusively (timed or not) to the XBOX 360 gaming console. And there's no reason to believe otherwise.