By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

This might also fall under the previous rumor this week for E3 from MS as “speculator and….desperate announcement”. Although some could argue smart money. Which the rumor was on Software and also pointed to something for this fall, which means we may even see RE5 this holiday season on the 360.

DMeisterJ said:
Wow, people are letting this rumour, which is perilously lacking in credibility gain traction?

RE5 is not coming exclusively (timed or not) to the XBOX 360 gaming console. And there's no reason to believe otherwise.

If RE4 can be a timed exclusive for the GC in light of the PS2 at the time, then anything can happen with RE5, anything.

Around the Network

Not understanding the logic behind whining...

Resident Evil 4 was time exclusive to the Gamecube of all systems...A system that sold well under 1/5th of what the Playstation 2 did...

And we're wondering how the leading console (versus the PS3) has no way of getting exclusivity!? Come on...That's just insanely dumb.

And I can guarentee one thing: RE5 will sell more, regardless of timing, on the 360. Just like Grand Theft Auto IV is (remember when everyone said that the PS3 version was going to do oh-so well against the X360 version? The 360 is now 1.5m units ahead and growing)

So yeah, this is a great possibility. If it happens, this could be the true killer-app for the X360 in Japan, and give some sort of reasonable viability in Japan (what if MS launched both SO4 and RE5 in the same month in Japan?)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Darc Requiem said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
kingofwale said:
if I were Capcom, this is what I'm seeing.

1. 5 million first week is what is expected to sell on PS3. and put it around 3.2 million in 6 months.

In order for it to show up exclusively on xbox 360, Capcom should demand the amount that is expected to NOT make from not releasing on PS3. which is 3.2 million x 30 bucks. That's over 60 million.

if Microsoft is willing to pay 60 million. Then Go ahead!

Check your math.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I mean using his figures it would be 96 million dollars.

well, I stated 60 million because I don't think Microsoft will pay for EVERY single PS3 version sold, 60 million seems like a solid amount that Capcom would agree to.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
madskillz said:
So, help me out. Capcom leans toward the 360 and just because the PS3 has momentum in spurts, folks are crying bloody murder. Didn't Capcom make 'Lost Planet' a timed exclusive on the 360 first, then the PS3? And seeming MS scored DMC 4 on their console for a core PS title speaks volumes.

MS still has the lead, and most multiplat games tend to sell better on the 360. It's about the almighty dollar - euro - yen - dinars - duckies - Benjamins. Loot.

I bought a PS2 just to play GTA. I already had an Xbox and had no real plans to buy a PS2 until that game came out.

If folks want RE on an HD console, they can wait for it on the PS to come out much later or buy it on the 360. I dunno about you, but if I like a game and wanna play it right now, waiting is not an option.

Lost Planet was originally a 360 exclusive that went multiplatform.  RE5 is a multiplatform game that could be going timed exclusive.  There is a difference.

That being said, I don't think RE5 going timed exclusive is likely to happen.

mrstickball said:

Resident Evil 4 was time exclusive to the Gamecube of all systems...A system that sold well under 1/5th of what the Playstation 2 did...

And we're wondering how the leading console (versus the PS3) has no way of getting exclusivity!? Come on...That's just insanely dumb.

And I can guarentee one thing: RE5 will sell more, regardless of timing, on the 360. Just like Grand Theft Auto IV is (remember when everyone said that the PS3 version was going to do oh-so well against the X360 version? The 360 is now 1.5m units ahead and growing)

So yeah, this is a great possibility. If it happens, this could be the true killer-app for the X360 in Japan, and give some sort of reasonable viability in Japan (what if MS launched both SO4 and RE5 in the same month in Japan?)

RE4 was originally annoucned for the GC, and not for the ps2.  If RE4 had been announced for the ps2, and then taken back, people would've been pissed off then as well.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:

well, I stated 60 million because I don't think Microsoft will pay for EVERY single PS3 version sold, 60 million seems like a solid amount that Capcom would agree to.

The bigger problem with your calculation is that no publisher gets 60 bucks for a sold game, except perhaps if they own a shop.

EDIT - not even in that case, since there are console royalties to pay, distribution costs...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

makingmusic476 said:
mrstickball said:

RE4 was originally annoucned for the GC, and not for the ps2.  If RE4 had been announced for the ps2, and then taken back, people would've been pissed off then as well.

Yes, but which makes more sense: Resident Evil 4 being time exclusive for the Gamecube, or Resident Evil 5 being time exclusive for the Xbox 360?

It's not like RE5 would be "taken back" if it was time exclusive on the 360...Just delayed.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

NJ5 said:
kingofwale said:

The bigger problem with your calculation is that no publisher gets 60 bucks for a sold game, except perhaps if they own a shop.

i used 30 dollars per copy in my calculation.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Yes, we understand about the GC before, but times have changed.

Development cost have risen significantly since then, and the need to recoup costs. If it does happen, I'll be very surprised, as the recent success of DMC4 PS3 over DMC4 360 would have strengthened Capcom's faith in the PS3...

i hope its true, then all the ps3 fanboys , can keep on complaining about a series that was once only on their platform. who cares if a company buys time-exclusive or full exclusive, its a business ppl and where the money is at or coming from is where a game or series is going to appear on. like star ocean4 , i think square-enix put it on the xbox 360 to help balance out the games across the platforms. just stop complaining and just enjoy the games.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1