By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

The sheer amount they would have to fork over would not be worth it; it most likely will sell around the same amounts on both systems and its sales most likely being in the few milllions MS would fork over 30million bare min for a timed exclusive.

Around the Network

^like this the people that alos own both consoles will buy it for 360 since they wont want to wait for it to release on ps3,i think it will help them

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Jlmadyson said:
Skeeuk said:

ps3 install base will be greater than 360 install base by the time RE5 comes out. and will keep pulling away.

regarding the issue it would make no sence for capcom to release 360 1st then ps3 later, both will be great games and will sell like bucket loads. il be buying the ps3 version

The PS3 install base will be nowhere near the 360 by the time RE5 hits, but nice try. Any small bumps the PS3 may have for June will be erased instantly in December where the 360 outsold the PS3 by nearly 500k last Christmas in the US alone. I think it was even more than that the previous holiday season, two times that I believe. 360 will crush the PS3 this holiday season and I have two PS3s in my household and I can say that pretty much easily. There is no other game I want to buy for the console for the rest of the year and there are no killer apps either. MS holiday line-up is much, much stronger. MGS4 was the last big gun Sony had for a long, long time. Moreover if RE5 hits the 360 exclusively this holiday season this will make the gap even bigger.
Never heard of Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet,or their laundry-list of other exclusives this year?  They're not as big as MGS, but they'll help.  PS3 is third place in my mind this generation, but that's just trolling.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Jlmadyson said:
Skeeuk said:

ps3 install base will be greater than 360 install base by the time RE5 comes out. and will keep pulling away.

regarding the issue it would make no sence for capcom to release 360 1st then ps3 later, both will be great games and will sell like bucket loads. il be buying the ps3 version

The PS3 install base will be nowhere near the 360 by the time RE5 hits, but nice try. Any small bumps the PS3 may have for June will be erased instantly in December where the 360 outsold the PS3 by nearly 500k last Christmas in the US alone. I think it was even more than that the previous holiday season, two times that I believe. 360 will crush the PS3 this holiday season and I have two PS3s in my household and I can say that pretty much easily. There is no other game I want to buy for the console for the rest of the year and there are no killer apps either. MS holiday line-up is much, much stronger. MGS4 was the last big gun Sony had for a long, long time. Moreover if RE5 hits the 360 exclusively this holiday season this will make the gap even bigger.

Lol.. yes... 2 christmas' the 360 beat the Ps3... why don't you just say 3 since the 360 beat ps3 the year before that too!

Pst: the Ps3 was released in 2 regions its first year. And 360's first year didnt have Ps3 compitition... but I'm pretty sure Ps2 outsold it by a greater margin the the 360's 2 years combined against the ps3...

thekitchensink said:
Jlmadyson said:
Skeeuk said:

Never heard of Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet,or their laundry-list of other exclusives this year?  They're not as big as MGS, but they'll help.  PS3 is third place in my mind this generation, but that's just trolling.

Oh I've heard of R2 and LBP, both of which I do not consider to be HW movers. Can you honestly say these two titles will move consoles? Not that many imo, and no it's not trolling I have two PS3s and have played and beat R1. So I have no idea what you are trying to say in the trolling call when I can honestly judge as a multi console owner how the holiday season is going to pan out. I know it may not be kosher for some, doesn't really matter to me I own all consoles this gen, but that is the way I see it. Price drop from MS and tripple A title after triple A title this season. Throw in RE5 and you are talking big time.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Jlmadyson said:
Skeeuk said:

littlebigplanet has a shot to be as big as MGS4

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

makingmusic476 said:
libellule said:
ToastyJaguar,

Gran Turismo
God of War
Socom
Ico
Shadow of colosseus
Unchartred
Killzone2
Resistance
Motorstorm

Despite not all being produced by Sony (GT and GoW are), they are all supported by Sony that collaborates exclusively with the developpers.

MS is not creating new game content (except Halo/Forza), it is just stealing games that were already coming ...
except now they may come exclusively to Xbox360 ...

Actually, all of those were developed internally except for Resistance and MotorStorm, and Sony bought the MotorStorm developers last year, so MotorStorm 2 is being developed internally as well.

People really underestimate Sony's 1st party.

Just for you Oyvoyvoyv

also numbers PS3 Sony games (18?) < numbers Xbox360 games (20?) is only du to Xbox360 being released 1 year earlier

Also add : PS3+PS2 >>> Xbox360+Xbox ===> GG Sony.

Time to Work !

M$ should stop blowing cash on trying to screw PS3 gamers and spend some of it to apologize to 360 owners for the RROD and HD-DVD brick.

Jlmadyson said:
thekitchensink said:
Jlmadyson said:
Skeeuk said:

Oh I've heard of R2 and LBP, both of which I do not consider to be HW movers. Can you honestly say these two titles will move consoles? Not that many imo, and no it's not trolling I have two PS3s and have played and beat R1. So I have no idea what you are trying to say in the trolling call when I can honestly judge as a multi console owner how the holiday season is going to pan out. I know it may not be kosher for some, doesn't really matter to me I own all consoles this gen, but that is the way I see it. Price drop from MS and tripple A title after triple A title this season. Throw in RE5 and you are talking big time.

Hey kid you're embarrassing yourself. Do yourself a favor and just stop.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
libellule said:
==> Can MS leave the video game market ?? At least Sony is producing some games ...

I stopped here, I'll read the rest of the thread later on, and edit in something if I feel I need to.

Games published by Sony Computer Entertainment for Ps3: 20 released ones.

For X360: 18

X360 has 8 1M sellers, Ps3 has 6 1M sellers.

Sony is making a bit more games, but not a lot.

Yeah, you're forgetting that the 360 came out a year ahead of the ps3, and that Sony didn't abandon the ps2 when the ps3 came out.  A whole five months after the ps3 came out, Sony released one of their biggest titles on the ps2 (God of War II).

Like libellule said, (starting from the launch of the 360) Sony published a hell of a lot more ps2/3 titles then MS published Xbox/X360 titles.