By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

PooperScooper said:
Jlmadyson said: 

I did say US so stopping trying to spin it otherwise.

Why the shit is the only region that matters US?

You are trying to spon it by having no mention of other regions. Not me.

You said because 360 outsold Ps3 last year (in the us) then any gains Ps3 makes for this year will be all in void because of the us alone.... Please... dont make me laugh

Which I was talking about the US as in NPD data hence the ~500k reference from NPD data. Not too hard, only thing laughable here is you. The NPD data has shown that the PS3 has had some small gains in certain months so far this year, like 22k or so for last month, and I said that any gains the PS3 will have will be wiped out come Dec as in US NPD. Not too hard here.

Around the Network
Jlmadyson said:
PooperScooper said:
Jlmadyson said: 

You said because 360 outsold Ps3 last year (in the us) then any gains Ps3 makes for this year will be all in void because of the us alone.... Please... dont make me laugh

Which I was talking about the US as in NPD data. Not too hard, only thing laughable here is you. The NPD data has shown that the PS3 has had some small gains in certain months so far this year, like 22k or so for last month, and I said that any gains the PS3 will have will be wiped out come Dec as in US NPD. Not too hard here.

okay back to my original point.

"Kid you're embarrassing yourself. Just quit while you're ahead"

Shoulda listened to me sooner. You cant spin your way out of this one.

There is no arguement against your ignorance.

wish they get the game as a time exclusive!!

mrstickball said:
Not understanding the logic behind whining...

Resident Evil 4 was time exclusive to the Gamecube of all systems...A system that sold well under 1/5th of what the Playstation 2 did...

And we're wondering how the leading console (versus the PS3) has no way of getting exclusivity!? Come on...That's just insanely dumb.

And I can guarentee one thing: RE5 will sell more, regardless of timing, on the 360. Just like Grand Theft Auto IV is (remember when everyone said that the PS3 version was going to do oh-so well against the X360 version? The 360 is now 1.5m units ahead and growing)

So yeah, this is a great possibility. If it happens, this could be the true killer-app for the X360 in Japan, and give some sort of reasonable viability in Japan (what if MS launched both SO4 and RE5 in the same month in Japan?)

GTA4 is selling at similar rate on both consoles, the X360 user base in America is 2.5x bigger than the PS3, in Others, the PS3 version of GTA has actually outsold the 360 version despite having a slightly smaller install base. Resident Evil is not as big as GTA4 in America and is bigger than GTA in Japan, so a better comparison would be DMC4 IMO.

As to your SO4 and RE5 in the same month, 2 things:

1) It's not up to MS when to release them, but up to SE and Capcom

2) I highly doubt that RE5 is coming out this year.

PooperScooper said:
Jlmadyson said:
PooperScooper said:
Jlmadyson said: 

Which I was talking about the US as in NPD data. Not too hard, only thing laughable here is you. The NPD data has shown that the PS3 has had some small gains in certain months so far this year, like 22k or so for last month, and I said that any gains the PS3 will have will be wiped out come Dec as in US NPD. Not too hard here.

okay back to my original point.

"Kid you're embarrassing yourself. Just quit while you're ahead"

Shoulda listened to me sooner. You cant spin your way out of this one.

There is no arguement against your ignorance.

Ah, so now you are going to just go back to the baseless rhetoric, checkmate.

Around the Network
Jlmadyson said:

Ah, so now you are going to just go back to the baseless rhetoric, checkmate.

def. not check mate here. It's just that arguing with you is like arguing with a wall. You can't comprehend logic.

There is no use in arguing with someone like you since after you prove them wrong they get confused with what they were even arguing about in the first place

3 pages on a rumor?

I hope this comes true just to see the ensuing lollercaust

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Darc Requiem said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
kingofwale said:
if I were Capcom, this is what I'm seeing.

1. 5 million first week is what is expected to sell on PS3. and put it around 3.2 million in 6 months.

In order for it to show up exclusively on xbox 360, Capcom should demand the amount that is expected to NOT make from not releasing on PS3. which is 3.2 million x 30 bucks. That's over 60 million.

if Microsoft is willing to pay 60 million. Then Go ahead!

Check your math.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I mean using his figures it would be 96 million dollars.

he did say over 60 million. so i'd say his math is in the clear. plus $30 is too much. i'd say capcom would probably make 10-20 bucks per game copy and that's being generous. 

plus, m$ did pay R* 50mil for exclusive downloads, i dont see how m$ wont be able to offer capcom more cash for time exclusivity.

Save Amazon, Gamestop now only has the 360 SKU listed as well.

No comment from Capcom either, thread has been up for over 9 hours;

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/816431/Any_word_on_if_this_is_true_or_not

Microsoft gettin scared of the PS3 as its been outsellin 360 WW Since Oct 07, another desperate attempt to stop Sony, this is the kinda reason I dislike Microsoft ( among other things)