By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

Funny, I think I smell fear...

Well that explains a lot of the silly whining comments in this thread.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
A forced Wii60 marriage for Wii RE fanatics.

:P

Interesting, maybe they couldn't buy FFXIII to come to the 360 so they decided on buying one of the next best things. Good to see they're being proactive, and they seem to have a good relationship with Capcom so yea, why not?

The timed deal won't do shit for MS if people know it's timed.  The illusion of perma-exclusivity must be maintained (a la Bioshock) for a game to benefit the console it is first released on.

Would be a waste of $$$, MS.  Again.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Squilliam said:

Interesting, maybe they couldn't buy FFXIII to come to the 360 so they decided on buying one of the next best things. Good to see they're being proactive, and they seem to have a good relationship with Capcom so yea, why not?

The timed deal won't do shit for MS if people know it's timed.  The illusion of perma-exclusivity must be maintained (a la Bioshock) for a game to benefit the console it is first released on.

Would be a waste of $$$, MS.  Again.

They don't waste money on badly performing 1st party studios that release games that have to be bundled to hit a million... Oh wait what do they do instead? They buy quality 3rd party games to make them exclusive for their console. A much better use of the money IMO. As for perm/non perm exclusive... it doesn't matter really. The people who REALLY want the game are the people who make the rash decisions like purchasing their first or another console for a game. The people who are willing to wait? It doesn't matter.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Squilliam said:

The timed deal won't do shit for MS if people know it's timed. The illusion of perma-exclusivity must be maintained (a la Bioshock) for a game to benefit the console it is first released on.

Would be a waste of $$$, MS. Again.

They don't waste money on badly performing 1st party studios that release games that have to be bundled to hit a million... Oh wait what do they do instead? They buy quality 3rd party games to make them exclusive for their console. A much better use of the money IMO. As for perm/non perm exclusive... it doesn't matter really. The people who REALLY want the game are the people who make the rash decisions like purchasing their first or another console for a game. The people who are willing to wait? It doesn't matter.

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey and MS in Japan am phail.

^blue drgon helped microsoft in japan

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

^^ Oh, and just caught the Sony reference, LOL, when there are 2 lists of publisher quality rankings floating about, and Sony-published games are #1 in one list, and like #3 in the other.

And Sony studios drop AA+ games like R Kelly drops young girls' panties.

If this rumor is true, my decision is made.
RE5 is THE game I'm getting a HD console for, and I'm not going to wait for it of course.
Smart move of Microsoft.

I don't see anything wrong with buying time-exclusive. It's pretty much like buying exclusive, only cheaper.
In other words, they can't make the title as first party, so, they buy it.
It's good for their fans, definitely. There's nothing wrong with pleasing their fans.

axumblade said:
I don't see Capcom biting because I think they have a feeling of loyalty towards both the Sony and the Nintendo franchises. Microsoft is slowly getting there but I don't see Capcom budging. Especially when RE5 would probably not sell as well in other regions besides the US.

I don't thinkt hey will either, but this is not the reason. Obviously if capcom had brand loyalty RE5 would be on the wii. That is all I have to say.

Lightning08 said:

Sven on the Capcom forums had this to say:

The assertion is false. RE5 is a multiplatform release that fits with our oft-stated crossplatform strategy.

So that's the end of that for now.

That doesn't say anything about the timed exclusivity rumor, which wouldn't prevent it from being multiplatform. What was the context of that post?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957