By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Squilliam said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Squilliam said:
A forced Wii60 marriage for Wii RE fanatics.

:P

Interesting, maybe they couldn't buy FFXIII to come to the 360 so they decided on buying one of the next best things. Good to see they're being proactive, and they seem to have a good relationship with Capcom so yea, why not?

The timed deal won't do shit for MS if people know it's timed. The illusion of perma-exclusivity must be maintained (a la Bioshock) for a game to benefit the console it is first released on.

Would be a waste of $$$, MS. Again.

They don't waste money on badly performing 1st party studios that release games that have to be bundled to hit a million... Oh wait what do they do instead? They buy quality 3rd party games to make them exclusive for their console. A much better use of the money IMO. As for perm/non perm exclusive... it doesn't matter really. The people who REALLY want the game are the people who make the rash decisions like purchasing their first or another console for a game. The people who are willing to wait? It doesn't matter.

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey and MS in Japan am phail.

Cant compare the 2, RE5 is a proven selling IP. LO and BD were new. RE5 would help the 360 majorly. RE5 could be one of the 2 games that M$ will say is coming this at E3. Remeber there is 2 games to be announced for this year that we dont know of?. The other I predict is Forza 3.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Lightning08 said:

Sven on the Capcom forums had this to say:

The assertion is false. RE5 is a multiplatform release that fits with our oft-stated crossplatform strategy.

So that's the end of that for now.

That doesn't say anything about the timed exclusivity rumor, which wouldn't prevent it from being multiplatform. What was the context of that post?

If he's responding to the timed exclusivity rumor then it's over and done, no timed exclusivity, otherwise the "the assertion is false"-statement made no sense.

^^ He could have been responding to a question about single console exclusivity. That makes more sense.

@ jagged: he was given the text as you can find it in the first post, therefore dismissing the timed exclusivity of RE5

NJ5 said:
Lightning08 said:

The assertion is false. RE5 is a multiplatform release that fits with our oft-stated crossplatform strategy.

That doesn't say anything about the timed exclusivity rumor, which wouldn't prevent it from being multiplatform. What was the context of that post?

Go check the Capcom forums. Sven said they are releasing simultaneousley at the same time. No one is getting a timed exclusive according to Sven.

Around the Network
Lightning08 said:
NJ5 said:
Lightning08 said:

Go check the Capcom forums. Sven said they are releasing simultaneousley at the same time. No one is getting a timed exclusive according to Sven.

If M$ wanted to announce it at E3, then of course Capcom would say that if M$ wanted hush hush till E3. Rumours are rumours but there has been more than one site that had the rumour.

Lightning08 said:

I tried to but I can't find the thread... Do you have a link?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I don't know what fantasy ur living in but even though the ps3 was outsold last christmas, had a higher price point than the 360, and sucked nuts in the first half of the year it outsold the 360 by over a million units last year.

MS just needs to buyout capcom itself.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive