By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

PooperScooper said:
Jlmadyson said:
thekitchensink said:
Jlmadyson said:
Skeeuk said:

ps3 install base will be greater than 360 install base by the time RE5 comes out. and will keep pulling away.

regarding the issue it would make no sence for capcom to release 360 1st then ps3 later, both will be great games and will sell like bucket loads. il be buying the ps3 version

The PS3 install base will be nowhere near the 360 by the time RE5 hits, but nice try. Any small bumps the PS3 may have for June will be erased instantly in December where the 360 outsold the PS3 by nearly 500k last Christmas in the US alone. I think it was even more than that the previous holiday season, two times that I believe. 360 will crush the PS3 this holiday season and I have two PS3s in my household and I can say that pretty much easily. There is no other game I want to buy for the console for the rest of the year and there are no killer apps either. MS holiday line-up is much, much stronger. MGS4 was the last big gun Sony had for a long, long time. Moreover if RE5 hits the 360 exclusively this holiday season this will make the gap even bigger.
Never heard of Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet,or their laundry-list of other exclusives this year?  They're not as big as MGS, but they'll help.  PS3 is third place in my mind this generation, but that's just trolling.

Oh I've heard of R2 and LBP, both of which I do not consider to be HW movers. Can you honestly say these two titles will move consoles? Not that many imo, and no it's not trolling I have two PS3s and have played and beat R1. So I have no idea what you are trying to say in the trolling call when I can honestly judge as a multi console owner how the holiday season is going to pan out. I know it may not be kosher for some, doesn't really matter to me I own all consoles this gen, but that is the way I see it. Price drop from MS and tripple A title after triple A title this season. Throw in RE5 and you are talking big time.

Hey kid you're embarrassing yourself. Do yourself a favor and just stop.

How about you stop and if you think for some reason that the opposite is true you can argue your points if you have any worth hearing.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
brute said:
dbot said:
MS buying a timed exclusive would definately count this as a “speculator and….desperate announcement”.

but it will help them

But how much? Is 2 DLCs of GTAIV really worth 50 million dollars????

Is a few months of exclusive right really going to get enough people to buy 360 in order to justify that kind of money?? Well, the answer is no, and Microsoft is only hurting gamers.

Ahhh the complete Microsoft-management is wrong, they should have asked kingofwale! How do you know that the DLCs wasn't worth it? Game sold pretty well on the 360, didn't it? 5.5 million units is quite okay. You don't know how MS calculates. How do u know the timed exclusivity won't be worth it? (If the rumor is true)

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

It have better chance of being PS3 exclusive then Xbox360. And people saying it will sell better on Xbox, well check the DMC4 numbers and that was 4 months ago. Now the gap is much bigger in install base despite huge EU price drop for Xbox360. When RE5 comes out PS3 will be ahead of Xbox360 for sure.

Jlmadyson said:
thekitchensink said:
Jlmadyson said:
Skeeuk said:

ps3 install base will be greater than 360 install base by the time RE5 comes out. and will keep pulling away.

regarding the issue it would make no sence for capcom to release 360 1st then ps3 later, both will be great games and will sell like bucket loads. il be buying the ps3 version

The PS3 install base will be nowhere near the 360 by the time RE5 hits, but nice try. Any small bumps the PS3 may have for June will be erased instantly in December where the 360 outsold the PS3 by nearly 500k last Christmas in the US alone. I think it was even more than that the previous holiday season, two times that I believe. 360 will crush the PS3 this holiday season and I have two PS3s in my household and I can say that pretty much easily. There is no other game I want to buy for the console for the rest of the year and there are no killer apps either. MS holiday line-up is much, much stronger. MGS4 was the last big gun Sony had for a long, long time. Moreover if RE5 hits the 360 exclusively this holiday season this will make the gap even bigger.
Never heard of Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet,or their laundry-list of other exclusives this year?  They're not as big as MGS, but they'll help.  PS3 is third place in my mind this generation, but that's just trolling.

Oh I've heard of R2 and LBP, both of which I do not consider to be HW movers. Can you honestly say these two titles will move consoles? Not that many imo, and no it's not trolling I have two PS3s and have played and beat R1. So I have no idea what you are trying to say in the trolling call when I can honestly judge as a multi console owner how the holiday season is going to pan out. I know it may not be kosher for some, doesn't really matter to me I own all consoles this gen, but that is the way I see it. Price drop from MS and tripple A title after triple A title this season. Throw in RE5 and you are talking big time.

And what would you consider to be a hardware mover?  Gears 2?  Anybody looking to buy a 360 for Gears 2 would've already bought one for Gears 1 and Halo 3.

^not really,there will be people that will buy it due to hype of the game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Jlmadyson said:
PooperScooper said:
Jlmadyson said:
thekitchensink said:
Jlmadyson said:

How about you stop and if you think for some reason that the opposite is true you can argue your points if you have any worth hearing.

You called down the thunder... well here I am.

http://vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons%5B%5D=PS3&cons%5B%5D=X360&reg%5B%5D=Total&start=39418&end=39453

That chart disproves everything you said.

GG. Nice try.

Look at your bolded parts.

I know you said US alone but still... You are making it seem like because of that Ps3 got outsold.

darthdevidem01 said:
RE 4 I felt was really overrated for no reason.....

BLASPHEMY! RE4 deserved every bit of praise it got! That game is so good I bought it twice (GameCube and Wii version)!

Signature goes here!

makingmusic476 said:
Jlmadyson said:
thekitchensink said:
Jlmadyson said:
Skeeuk said:

And what would you consider to be a hardware mover?  Gears 2?  Anybody looking to buy a 360 for Gears 2 would've already bought one for Gears 1 and Halo 3.

It's very much the combination of games that the 360 has with Fable 2, Gears 2, BK3 and other titles for the fall coming exclusively to the 360. Far outweighs the PS3 by a long shot. I would also argue that if Gears 2 is a serious hit in the industry you will see some bump there. However the real HW bump will come in the November/December holiday buying season when the all the parents start picking them up for the kids. This would also jive with the Neilson Media Study stating that in the US the 360 is still the most popular among the group. This in itself will help to push HW over the PS3 this holiday season again.

PooperScooper said:
Jlmadyson said:
PooperScooper said:
Jlmadyson said:
thekitchensink said:
Jlmadyson said:

You called down the thunder... well here I am.

http://vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons%5B%5D=PS3&cons%5B%5D=X360®%5B%5D=Total&start=39418&end=39453

That chart disproves everything you said.

GG. Nice try.

Look at your bolded parts.

I know you said US alone but still... You are making it seem like because of that Ps3 got outsold.

I did say US so stopping trying to spin it otherwise.

Jlmadyson said: 

I did say US so stopping trying to spin it otherwise.

Why the shit is the only region that matters US?

You are trying to spon it by having no mention of other regions. Not me.

You said because 360 outsold Ps3 last year (in the us) then any gains Ps3 makes for this year will be all in void because of the us alone.... Please... dont make me laugh