By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - im confused MGS4 and GTA4 both got 10 from like everyone

I'm not a fan of the series either, yet the reviews of GTA4 seem more biased (they both seem biased anyway).

It's like with other reviewers and Brawl. GameInformer didn't like it and thought it took "no skill" and was just "pushing random buttons" (which is total bullshit) and they gave it a 9.5 when it deserved a 10. They kept knocking it just because it sold better than a lot of core games for a while.

They (GI) also gave NMH a 6, and knocked every part of the game down just because they didn't like it or it was "too hard" or "subject matter... may offend". Bullfuckinshit. I don't believe reviews are really worth anything anymore.

So there. It's not just MGS. Many Reviewers do it to every game that isn't "Core", because they want to keep the "core" gamers happy. I mean seriously, who gives Wii Fit an 8 just because they don't personally like the idea and the "casual market"?

Also, I swear someone's just giving out all these 10's just to kick OoT off of it's [proper] throne.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
COD IV - GTAIV - Mass Effect - Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - Crysis - Civilization IV - Halflife 2 - Condemned 2 - Mass Effect - Stalker are all games that I have played recently that I would say are better than MGSIV.

If you're a huge fan of the series then its 100% the best game, if you're not then its just another game.

lol its your opinion my opinion is that half life 2 and GTA 4, and cod4 are complete shit compared to MGS4.

Again its opinion.

Its my opinion that the only platform capable and deserving of MGS4 is the PC. The PS3 is too slow in comparison to give a true representation of Kojimas vision.

Too slow? The game runs at 60fps, how is that too slow? Also if that were true, kojima would have released it on the PC exclusively.

mM
stonj said:

so why is it on gamerankings that mgs4 is the 67th best game and gta is ranked 2 and 4 ps3 and 360 respectivly

Because "like everyone" isn't exactly "everyone."

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

mgs4 is better than the games mentioned by some users, its just that its not on thier system of choice is why they play it down.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
mgs4 is better than the games mentioned by some users, its just that its not on thier system of choice is why they play it down.

Thats impossible! Why would nintendo fans that hate the PS3, and xbox fans that also hate the PS3 attack a ps3 exclusve MGS4?

It doesnt make any sense!

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Skeeuk said:

Thats impossible! Why would nintendo fans that hate the PS3, and xbox fans that also hate the PS3 attack a ps3 exclusve MGS4?

It doesnt make any sense!

Hey, Nintendo fans are pretty mellow these days; don't blame us.

I haven't beaten GTA IV yet, but I've beaten MGS4 twice. MGS 4 is clearly worth 10/10. It is the best at what it does. The gameplay and story are great, and the secrets in the game are awesome. What the hell else do you want?

windbane said:
I haven't beaten GTA IV yet, but I've beaten MGS4 twice. MGS 4 is clearly worth 10/10. It is the best at what it does. The gameplay and story are great, and the secrets in the game are awesome. What the hell else do you want?

MGS' story is great? I must be in the twilight zone, thinking Deus Ex and Planescape: Torment were the ones with actual great stories. Oh dear.

Skeeuk said:

You mean just like mario galaxy and bioshock (before it got announced for the ps3). All fanboys do it. Also MGS4 isn't the best game ever (MGS or Z:OoT is :D)...

leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
COD IV - GTAIV - Mass Effect - Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - Crysis - Civilization IV - Halflife 2 - Condemned 2 - Mass Effect - Stalker are all games that I have played recently that I would say are better than MGSIV.

If you're a huge fan of the series then its 100% the best game, if you're not then its just another game.

lol its your opinion my opinion is that half life 2 and GTA 4, and cod4 are complete shit compared to MGS4.

Again its opinion.

Its my opinion that the only platform capable and deserving of MGS4 is the PC. The PS3 is too slow in comparison to give a true representation of Kojimas vision.

Too slow? The game runs at 60fps, how is that too slow? Also if that were true, kojima would have released it on the PC exclusively.

Yep, too slow. The game runs at 30fps and he would have been able to achieve more on a faster platform with more ram and faster processors. It was sales expediency that led him to release it on the PS3 not because it was the fastest platform available.

Tease.