By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - im confused MGS4 and GTA4 both got 10 from like everyone

I have both for the PS3 and I have to say that MGS4 is better.Technically ,story-wise and the gameplay.The gameplay is just leaps and bounds smarter that GTA4,with dozens of alternatives to overcome difficulties.Absolute genius.

Eurogamer in concrete is lame.They just awarded Overlord for the PS3 a 8 just the same as MGS4.Well ,if they want to make fools of themselves thats their problem.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Christopher_G2 said:
Because half-assed game publications' scores count too. Eurogamer is one of the worst sources you can look at to tell you logically what games to get, but they still count, and they continue their pathetic streak giving a masterpiece like MGS4 an 80%.

They probably gave the most accurate review. Its just that game scales are screwed up at the moment. GTAIV doesn't deserve 99% MGSIV doesn't deserve 94% Mass Effect doesn't deserve its score, hell if you want accuracy redistribute the scores on a normal distribution curve and see where they land. Normal meaning 50% of all games on metacritic will score 55% or less for example.

Let me ask you something where in fact are you in MGS4?

Because ACT 1 and 2 arent anywhere near as good as the other parts of the game.

mM
leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
COD IV - GTAIV - Mass Effect - Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - Crysis - Civilization IV - Halflife 2 - Condemned 2 - Mass Effect - Stalker are all games that I have played recently that I would say are better than MGSIV.

If you're a huge fan of the series then its 100% the best game, if you're not then its just another game.

lol its your opinion my opinion is that half life 2 and GTA 4, and cod4 are complete shit compared to MGS4.

Again its opinion.

Its my opinion that the only platform capable and deserving of MGS4 is the PC. The PS3 is too slow in comparison to give a true representation of Kojimas vision.

Tease.

GTA 4 was the most overrated game I've played since Freedom Fighters. GTA IV getting a 10 was a very misleading mistake on the account of many hype-caught reviewers.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
GTA 4 was the most overrated game I've played since Freedom Fighters. GTA IV getting a 10 was a very misleading mistake on the account of many hype-caught reviewers.

Oh yea freedom fighters. rented it for a week and it went back the same day, kinda like Haze but then I knew what I was getting into. Haze lasted 5 minutes before I took it back though. Anyone good at statistics who wants to do a normalized curve of game review scores? Lots of work, but it'd be worth it IMO.

Tease.

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid while a great game has flaws and the reviews do point it out. Also the game feels like a movie. It is possible to beat the game in 5 hours if you skip all the cutscenes. (I am going to do this, big boss emblem) Also to add act 1 and 2 were really dull with 3, 4, 5 being epic. So that itself makes the perfect score untrue.

Also Leo-J stop complaining about GT being biased, they gave Fire Emblem a 5.something for story. They don't know how to rate stories.

Grand Theft Auto 4 while also a great game, has huge flaws like missing features that we come to expect from Grand Theft Auto, like tanks, property certain weapons (flame thrower, chainsaw, and other weapons). It is indeed overrated and deserves lower score than GTA:SA. With a higher score on graphic.

In all honestly they are two different games and we shouldn't compare the two.

Both games are 10/10's, but not 100/100s
Neither are perfect, but they are both incredibly good

It's makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to know that video games have achieved complete and unbiased perfection recently though.

Wow, reviewers will have to make all their reviews grades out of 11 for the next round of sequels. How else are they going to be able to communicate that THOSE are better?

10 out 0f 10 does not mean perfect it means top of its class. and i doubt anyone would argue that GTA4 and MGS4 are at the top of their class. its the same reason halo 3 got 10's it was the top of its class for say 1 month till COD4 came out and stole the thunder.

stonj said:

so why is it on gamerankings that mgs4 is the 67th best game and gta is ranked 2 and 4 ps3 and 360 respectivly

A few people that reviewed MGS4 dislike the MGS franchise in general (admitedly).  Hence, their reviews reflected that.  But you'll find the VAST majority of reviews in the 90%+ range. 

It's sorta like JRPG's...you love them or hate them.  Many hate them and their reviews ALWAYS reflect that.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450