By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - im confused MGS4 and GTA4 both got 10 from like everyone

so why is it on gamerankings that mgs4 is the 67th best game and gta is ranked 2 and 4 ps3 and 360 respectivly

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

Around the Network

Because a lot of small-time review websites and magazines have rated MGS4 quite low. I think I saw a few 80% on game rankings under MGS4. You will not find anything lower than like 95 for GTAIV.

Putting it short: a bunch of goons rated MGS4 low because they are incapable of enjoying the game. I love both games, but MGS4 definitely deserves more than a 92 percent average. The game is easily one of the best I have ever played.

Because MGS4 is like a very special flavored candy or a very exotic fruit. Some will love it, some will hate it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Because reviewers are biased morons, who in there mind would give ASSASSINS CREED a 9.7 for its STORY and give MGS4 an 8.7?

Like I said biased morons.

mM

LOL It's hilarious how people won't accept a bad review for the game. It's obvious that the ones giving it a decent score are biased. God forbid the reviewers giving it 10/10 are biased.

Around the Network

Haha...

Anyone giving MGS 10 is a moron. Anyone giving GTA4 a 10 is...a moron as well just not as big of a moron. Both games have issues.

MGS4 deserves a solid 9 for being the best interactive movie you've ever watched. GTA4 I'd give 9.5 for actually having decent gameplay depth and being the best sandbox game ever made.

disolitude said:
Haha...

Anyone giving MGS 10 is a moron. Anyone giving GTA4 a 10 is...a moron as well just not as big of a moron. Both games have issues.

MGS4 deserves a solid 9 for being the best interactive movie you've ever watched. GTA4 I'd give 9.5 for actually having decent gameplay depth and being the best sandbox game ever made.

Your opinion, completely opposite from mine though.

mM

On Game Rankings out of 49 reviews currently their were (6) 80% and (1) 85%. The rest were 90% and above. The problem MSG4 faces, is the same I face every damn college test I take. I could have a 98.9 average out of 10, and one 80% on a test is gunna knock me down to the low 90's. Same thing that MSG4 is facing.

Problem is this game is great, but not perfect. I do think it is way better than GTA but hey, thats me. If you love a game, I mean...LOVE A GAME. You will be emotionally upset when it does not score as high as you think it should. MSG4 is great, but not for everyone. Even some Sony FanBoys have been turned off by the amount of cut scene to game play the later chapters have, so its natural for some of the reviewers to game the same as those individuals who disliked the games flow.

Case in point, if your site avatar is Snake, you will probably be upset. Same as individuals who have avatars as Master Chief, or Mario, or X360, or PS3's. Sheesh, at least Cami up your avatar as to not SCREAM FanBoy!!! I understand support, is support, but your posts say otherwise.

..because although the "hardcore" love MGS4 and buy into the hype most people outside the industry don't like this game. we call it niche for a reason - this isn't a game for everyone - such as the people giving it lower scores.

Don't worry MGS4 got the two hardest 10s from the biggest websites, IGN and Gamespot.