By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - im confused MGS4 and GTA4 both got 10 from like everyone

^That's BS then. how about metacritic?

Around the Network

I took out all the games from crazzy and mine that were listed in gamerankings.

rock_on_2008 - gamerankings has a portugal score in there "Maxi Consolas(Portugal)"

COD IV - GTAIV - Mass Effect - Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - Crysis - Civilization IV - Halflife 2 - Condemned 2 - Mass Effect - Stalker are all games that I have played recently that I would say are better than MGSIV.

If you're a huge fan of the series then its 100% the best game, if you're not then its just another game.

Tease.

CrazzyMan said:

p.s. it`s MUCH harder to get PERFECT 10, then any other score.

This is actually not true, more games get a perfect 10, then an absolute 0, in fact it seems almost impossible for a game to warrant a zero, as long as there is some sort of functioning mechanic existant in the game, it will score higher.

Squilliam said:
COD IV - GTAIV - Mass Effect - Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - Crysis - Civilization IV - Halflife 2 - Condemned 2 - Mass Effect - Stalker are all games that I have played recently that I would say are better than MGSIV.

If you're a huge fan of the series then its 100% the best game, if you're not then its just another game.

I don't know stalker but the bolded games are laughable... why'd you list ME twice?

Around the Network

Because half-assed game publications' scores count too. Eurogamer is one of the worst sources you can look at to tell you logically what games to get, but they still count, and they continue their pathetic streak giving a masterpiece like MGS4 an 80%.

PooperScooper said:
Squilliam said:

I don't know stalker but the bolded games are laughable... why'd you list ME twice?

I just got Mass Effect on PC as well. Laughable? Lets see - 3 games that will outsell MGS4 over 3-1, and you bolded all three. Thats laughable. Lets see - GTAIV - Is an awesome game, I hated the series, so for me to start liking it makes it an awesome game. COD IV is slick, one of the best made games with awesome online, Resident Evil IV is better, I played a few hours of MGS4 but then I went back to playing RE IV because I like it more. Crysis, is one of the best shooters out there IMO, the open sandbox gameplay is incredible and the graphics are very immersive. It changed my expectations from FPSers from now on. The last third sucks but im going to head back to that game when I get a new graphics card. Condemned 2? I liked the gameplay, the hand/hand-shooter combination was pretty fun. Story was nice but nothing special though. Also im 100% right because its my own opinion.

Tease.

There's quite a discrepancy between MGS4 and GTAIV reviews, but personally with hands-on with both, I'd say MGS4 is the only one worth 10. I wasn't as drawn in and addicted with GTA. These "8" reviews for MGS4 didn't make a firm argument as to why 2 points were deducted. One could speculate as to why these reviews were low, but in some cases like GamesDaily and Eurogamer it was a biased review of people who don't even like the series as a whole. The recent controversy over game reviews with these 2 games has made relying on another's opinion on gaming a thing of futility which must be taken with of salt.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Squilliam said:

lol its your opinion my opinion is that half life 2 and GTA 4, and cod4 are complete shit compared to MGS4.

Again its opinion.

mM
Christopher_G2 said:
Because half-assed game publications' scores count too. Eurogamer is one of the worst sources you can look at to tell you logically what games to get, but they still count, and they continue their pathetic streak giving a masterpiece like MGS4 an 80%.

They probably gave the most accurate review. Its just that game scales are screwed up at the moment. GTAIV doesn't deserve 99% MGSIV doesn't deserve 94% Mass Effect doesn't deserve its score, hell if you want accuracy redistribute the scores on a normal distribution curve and see where they land. Normal meaning 50% of all games on metacritic will score 55% or less for example.

Tease.