By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Infinity Ward, makers of COD4 dont want to develop for the Wii

Of course not. On the wii they wouldn't be able to use graphics as a crutch to hide the emptiness underneath.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network
Shameless said:
Whatever FPS like totally don't look good on teh Wii n its for hd consoles cos thats all they have LOLOL. COD4 is suck neway I went round my freinds house and WE WAS LIKE PUT ON SSBB LOL.

Holy shit though, The Conduit is amazing hardcore on Wii!! DAY ONE!11

Can you rewrite than in comprehensible english?

Munkeh111 said:
Shameless said:
Whatever FPS like totally don't look good on teh Wii n its for hd consoles cos thats all they have LOLOL. COD4 is suck neway I went round my freinds house and WE WAS LIKE PUT ON SSBB LOL.

That would eliminate the Wii-mockery element from the post, and thus eliminate whatever impact it was meant to have.

Back on topic, too bad about Infinity Ward. The Wii will still get a version of whatever their next game is, of course, but it'll probably be farmed out, and thus suffer for it.  

noname2200 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Shameless said:

That would eliminate the Wii-mockery element from the post, and thus eliminate whatever impact it was meant to have.

Back on topic, too bad about Infinity Ward. The Wii will still get a version of whatever their next game is, of course, but it'll probably be farmed out, and thus suffer for it.  

I can't really understand what he is saying, I think he is criticising CoD 4, and saying SSBB is better, but in a sarcastic way, but it just doesn't make much sense

Bored4life said:
The FPS haven will be the last one to be destroyed by the Wii.
I'll reserve my lulz for when it happens.

The "FPS Haven" will always remain on the PC.  Infinity Ward are PC developers.  PC developers tend to try and keep their games pushing technology to some extent.  This isn't a surprising statement at all.  

Call of Duty 4 is a very good FPS on the PC.  On consoles it's a little too casual with lock-on targeting, but still a decent experience.  Infinity Ward are PC developers though.  You will not see many, if any, PC developers making Wii games.  

Around the Network

They don't need to.

Ten million on the PS360/PC and counting.

Another game that shows that not every developer needs to develop a game on the Wii to sell good, or make profit, like some speculate.

^well this is one of the best games available on the consoles,ofcourse its gonna sell well

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

And the next Call of Duty, COD 5, which is being produced by Tryarch, not Inifinity Ward, might see even bigger numbers."

LOL not a chance in hell. The non Infinity Ward CoD suck. A hundred different platforms don't change that. Call of duty 3 sold what? 30% of Call of Duty4 despite being on 50 gazillion platforms.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Doesn't really mesh on the Wii anyway.

It has a great single player campaign, but it's very short, and the game is online and graphically focused. That's a PC/PS360 game if you look in the dictionary that is their definition.

No offense, but what a ridiculous post.  The Wii is the most capable of making FPS titles feel fresh and to smooth out and speed up the gameplay.  No company is forced to use Friend Codes as Medal of Honor Heroes 2 proves.

Although, it would help Nintendo's case in this if they were to make a new Geist title with online focus to sell the idea.

Kyros said:
And the next Call of Duty, COD 5, which is being produced by Tryarch, not Inifinity Ward, might see even bigger numbers."

LOL not a chance in hell. The non Infinity Ward CoD suck. A hundred different platforms don't change that. Call of duty 3 sold what? 30% of Call of Duty4 despite being on 50 gazillion platforms.

even call od duty 2 that was developed by treyarch sold less tgen call of duty 4,and about the same with call of duty 3 maybe even less

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"