By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Infinity Ward, makers of COD4 dont want to develop for the Wii

naznatips said:
Also there is certainly no need to hate on a developer who is open about their development preferences. If they have enough respect for gamers not to lie to them about it (or insult a console just cause they don't make games for it) we should at least show them respect as well.

Naz, help me out here. As far as I know, IW has only stated that they have no plans to port COD4 over to the Wii. I didn't see any mention about them not wanting to develop NEW games on the Wii. About two other people and I have already stated this, but our posts seem to get ignored, even by you. =P Can we clear this up?

I haven't seen anything stating that IW doesn't want to make new Wii games, just that they don't want COD4 ported over. Anyone have an article or PR statement saying they have no interest in developing new games for the Wii? 

Around the Network
Desroko said:
Lock-on targeting? That was there the whole time?

Now that I think about it I remember they mention in the tutorial. And I remember it usually snapping to wrong damn thing and it wastes time so I just free aimed the whole game.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Naz

Seriously!

I've played half the single player, and haven't locked onto a single opponet yet.

It definitely was never mentioned in-game.

I'm pretty sure they show you a two second how to at the start of the first training mission, it happens when you need to shoot the little cut-outs down the range. But most people just shoot the little icons before the they finish what they are saying. I only noticed it on my third time, but never used it in game. I don't think it will really help anyways since most of the time you die to random grenades on the easy modes, and you don't even have a chance to use it on the hardest mode.

But they do not have this for the online mode, its just a sticky aim, which does not help at all and really hurts the better players. But there is one positive about it. If you leave you gun pointing at a wall and there is some guy behind it the gun will lock on if he starts to move, but once he moves more then about 1 foot the lock-on goes away.