By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Infinity Ward, makers of COD4 dont want to develop for the Wii

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-9959146-52.html?tag=bl

"Of course, one wonders how many more copies it would have sold had it been available on Nintendo's Wii. But Zampella said that Infinity Ward decided not to make the game for that console because "it just doesn't fit on the Wii. We thought it would be compromised to be on (that) platform."

Well, with Guitar Hero III, Halo 3, and Grand Theft Auto IV inspiring record-setting sales in their own right, we might easily see a few more games reach the magic 10 million mark soon. And the next Call of Duty, COD 5, which is being produced by Tryarch, not Inifinity Ward, might see even bigger numbers."

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Call of Duty 5 will probaly sell poorly on PS3/360, mostly due to what I believe the main message from reviewers will be, the fact that CoD4 is still better.

Well, it is a free world..Who can complain

hey if they don't want to they don't want to.

Incert Witty Comment on how i'm a fanboy of all systems including PC here.

Well one thing people need to realise is that not developing for the wii doesn't instantly mean financial bankruptcy. However they probably had the engines working on the pc, ps3 and 360 and didn't want to port it to the wii at the time or something. It doesn't matter anyway because it sold over 10 million copies WW without the wii (yes it sold more then 10 million the PC does exist).

Around the Network

Doesn't really mesh on the Wii anyway.

It has a great single player campaign, but it's very short, and the game is online and graphically focused. That's a PC/PS360 game if you look in the dictionary that is their definition.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The FPS haven will be the last one to be destroyed by the Wii.
I'll reserve my lulz for when it happens.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

And yet we'll be getting the best version of CoD5 anyway (ie worse graphics but better controls)

scottie said:
And yet we'll be getting the best version of CoD5 anyway (ie worse graphics but better controls)

PC?  Graphics+Controls

Granted I don't think too many people care about COD5, *awaits next Infinity Ward installment* 

Shooters should be left for consoles that can sow every single eye lash, that console is not the wii