By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Infinity Ward, makers of COD4 dont want to develop for the Wii

They probably realised that they dont have the "skill" to develop a FPS like MP3 with it's great controls.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Naum said:
They probably realised that they dont have the "skill" to develop a FPS like MP3 with it's great controls.

Hmm if you're not being sarcastic, it takes more skill and vision to shine in a crowded market than to grab an untapped market. They would do well whatever they do.

Tease.

Naum said:

People have to stop thinking metroid prime is an fps. It's an fpa with a gun as your weapon.

I'm actually glad. COD is a series I liked very much on the PC but when they decided to do a Wii version they produced a total train wreck. It looked marginal and had what is the worst execution of motion control ever. It made the game essentially unplayable. It was so bad that it should never have been released.

They obviously are completely Wii incompetent or unmotivated. If that is the best they can do, then don't do it at all. But don't put all of the blame on the console when your work sucks.

Others have made shooters with much better control, so they can't pretend it can't be done.

Grampy said:

I'm actually glad. COD is a series I liked very much on the PC but when they decided to do a Wii version they produced a total train wreck. It looked marginal and had what is the worst execution of motion control ever. It made the game essentially unplayable. It was so bad that it should never have been released.

They obviously are completely Wii incompetent or unmotivated. If that is the best they can do, then don't do it at all. But don't put all of the blame on the console when your work sucks.

Others have made shooters with much better control, so they can't pretend it can't be done.

CoD 3 was made by Treyarch, so don't mistake IW with treyarch, IW made CoD 1, 2, 4 and are working on 6. Treyarch made Big Red One, Finest Hour, Roads to Victory, 3 and now they are making 5

There is no reason for them to. They would have to spend a lot of time getting a wii engine, and then spending time actually optimising the game for the wii, and they already have enough work making the main game so great. They get enough money from the main game, and it would not have sold so well if it was not as good, and it sold because of the amazing reviews and word of mouth, so if they took away some of their resources from the main game to make a Wii one, then it would not sell as well.

As said before CoD 4 was a very cinematic game, with the emphasis on action, explosions etc, and it just works so much better in high definition. As the main game is very story driven, it is short, but incredibly sweet, and so the multiplayer is a very large component, and the PS3 and 360 are better with online and in terms of value for money, the game is barely worth it without MP (it just it because it is so good)

Around the Network

Games don't sell less because resources are allocated for another version. That seems like just another fallacy to avoid Wii support.

The part about making the best game they could was valid, but hurting sales? Don't you pretend you know what would have happened.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Games don't sell less because resources are allocated for another version. That seems like just another fallacy to avoid Wii support.

The part about making the best game they could was valid, but hurting sales? Don't you pretend you know what would have happened.

What I am saying, is the PS360 game was so good because it is very well polished, the online is well balanced, and the single player is excellent. The game got such good reviews because they worked so hard on it. What I am saying, is that they had the extra burden of making the wii game, given that it would time to get the Wii controls working perfectly, optimising the game for the wii. I don't know how they would make it, because they would probably need a new engine, or to steal someone else's, so there would be a lot of work put into making a wii game, and that would take time away from perfecting the PS360

As I have said, the game sold so well, because it was so good

akuma587 said:
COD 5 will not sell as many units as COD 4 even though it is on more platforms. You heard it here first.

Are you sure you know what the word "first" means?  Because as soon as people realized it was Treyarch doing CoD5 and going back to WWII everybody realized it wouldn't be as good or sell as well.

They sell well enough on the PS360 to survive, so I guess they don't have to develop for the Wii, but it would be better for them financially if they did. Call of Duty 5 will most likely sell well on the Wii.

The Conduit will be our Wii FPS game anyways, just gotta wait for it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Whatever FPS like totally don't look good on teh Wii n its for hd consoles cos thats all they have LOLOL. COD4 is suck neway I went round my freinds house and WE WAS LIKE PUT ON SSBB LOL.

Holy shit though, The Conduit is amazing hardcore on Wii!! DAY ONE!11