By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Infinity Ward, makers of COD4 dont want to develop for the Wii

naznatips said:
Bored4life said:
The FPS haven will be the last one to be destroyed by the Wii.
I'll reserve my lulz for when it happens.

The "FPS Haven" will always remain on the PC. Infinity Ward are PC developers. PC developers tend to try and keep their games pushing technology to some extent. This isn't a surprising statement at all.

Call of Duty 4 is a very good FPS on the PC. On consoles it's a little too casual with lock-on targeting, but still a decent experience. Infinity Ward are PC developers though. You will not see many, if any, PC developers making Wii games.

I must of missed something as I don't recall lock on targeting during the single player campaign or during my time with MP. Is it an option?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
ameratsu said:
naznatips said:
Bored4life said:

The "FPS Haven" will always remain on the PC. Infinity Ward are PC developers. PC developers tend to try and keep their games pushing technology to some extent. This isn't a surprising statement at all.

Call of Duty 4 is a very good FPS on the PC. On consoles it's a little too casual with lock-on targeting, but still a decent experience. Infinity Ward are PC developers though. You will not see many, if any, PC developers making Wii games.

I must of missed something as I don't recall lock on targeting during the single player campaign or during my time with MP. Is it an option?

It does lock on in MP, sniping is ruined that way because you will have an enemy in your sights, and then someone else runs in front of him, and your sights aim at the running target instead.

ameratsu said:
naznatips said:
Bored4life said:

You auto-lock by pressing the shoulder button, and can shift targets by releasing and pressing it again quickly. I would think it's impossible to play all the way through the game without ever knowing this....

naznatips said:
ameratsu said:
naznatips said:
Bored4life said:

You auto-lock by pressing the shoulder button, and can shift targets by releasing and pressing it again quickly. I would think it's impossible to play all the way through the game without ever knowing this....

*looks embarrassed*

Um... Er... Yeah... I knew that was there. You betcha. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

naznatips said:
ameratsu said:
naznatips said:
Bored4life said:

I seriously did not know that. *looks at manual*

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

How many people beat MP3 without using lock-on targeting? Best controls in an FPS my ass.

COD4 on the consoles has lock-on targeting in single-player (bringing up the gun sights snaps to the closest target), and aim assist in multiplayer. But just about every console FPS has aim-assist, even Halo 3.

ameratsu said:
naznatips said:
ameratsu said:
naznatips said:
Bored4life said:

I seriously did not know that. *looks at manual*

Same here.  Had no clue.

Lock-on targeting? That was there the whole time?

I use the lock-on targeting in MP3 because I believe it allows a more natural method of targeting than the complete free-aim does. And *not* in the same aspect as auto-lock of gamepad-fps games either.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

azrm2k said:
akuma587 said:
COD 5 will not sell as many units as COD 4 even though it is on more platforms. You heard it here first.

Are you sure you know what the word "first" means?  Because as soon as people realized it was Treyarch doing CoD5 and going back to WWII everybody realized it wouldn't be as good or sell as well.

I think it may be because COD2 and COD4 were quite popular and made by infinity ward, but COD3 was made by treyarch and wasn't as good as the IW ones