By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Resistance 2 sell 1 million in week 1?

1.5million first week

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Around the Network

^thats a bit too high,maybe that much for first month

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

azrm2k said:
bbsin said:

Flawed argument, MGS2 sold much more than MGS3 with a smaller install base, if anything the PS2's install base at the time was probably around the same as the PS3s at this time. Not to mention MGS4 will have virtually no competition. I will make a bet with anyone that doesn't think MGS4 will sell more than 1 million units during it's first week on a world wide basis.

OnT: and yes, I think the install base and marketing for the PS3/R2 will be enough to get to 1 million WW.

I'll take that bet. What should the terms be? Sig bragging?

I'll bet 1000 vg dollars and i'll do sig bragging if it's what you want. Terms are that we only go by VGchartz numbers and sales must be the opening week of MGS4 on a world wide basis. If the total ends up less than 1 million, I lose. If it's equal or more than 1million, i win. The only problem is that if MGS4 is street dated on the 12th, the first week's vgchartz data will only cover MGS4 sales during it's first day of sales (or possibly first 2 days of sales). If that happens we might have to count the 1st day sales + the next week so we have a better grasp @ the numbers.

If you have any thing you want added then go ahead and say so. 

colonelstubbs said:
getrdone said:
I think 1 million is can be done easily, for worldwide week 1. I can also see the game selling very well.
1. PS3 userbase will be a lot bigger by then, thanks to probably MGS4
2. Right before christmas, and alot of parents will buy this for a christmas persent
3. It probably be bundle some how. (maybe)
4. I really feel like insomniac is going to go all out on this game.
a. Their first 50gb game
b. Their thrid game for the ps3, so they know the system very
c. It will have a great single player and 8 player co-op campaign
d. 60 player online and i hope they do this right
5. I really feel like this will be the first game to take advantage of the cell T3H CELL chip.

Minor correction required

Corrected again

OT: I think it can. Resistance sold well and was well received, so its sequel will sell well, and could top 5m copies, with a much larger install base. The 60 player online is going to draw  in a lot of the Call of Duty 4 players, and there is a lot of hype surrounding the game

I dunno... I want to actually see the in-game footage in motion before giving it high chance for massive sales hype.

Even though Im buying it no question :).

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

It's plausible and probably probable.

why not 10 millions like gears of wars 2 predictions

Not a chance!

750K at most

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

well considering that ps3 has zero piracy while both the x360 and the ps2 have,it should sell very well.i think if it is launched in november it should sell 1 million in first week worldwide,especially if there is a price drop or a bundle

rukusa said:
I dunno... I want to actually see the in-game footage in motion before giving it high chance for massive sales hype.

Even though Im buying it no question :).

There is some MP footage, but not direct feed, and GT TV will reveal single player in two weeks