By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Resistance 2 sell 1 million in week 1?

Fernando said:
I don't think so... MGS4 will barely do 1 million first week (I think that maybe 800,000 first week worlwide)...

Resistance, no.

MGS4 will sell over 1 million in 1 week

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I think 1 million is can be done easily, for worldwide week 1. I can also see the game selling very well.
1. PS3 userbase will be a lot bigger by then, thanks to probably MGS4
2. Right before christmas, and alot of parents will buy this for a christmas persent
3. It probably be bundle some how. (maybe)
4. I really feel like insomniac is going to go all out on this game.
a. Their first 50gb game
b. Their thrid game for the ps3, so they know the system very well
c. It will have a great single player and 8 player co-op campaign
d. 60 player online and i hope they do this right
5. I really feel like this will be the first game to take advantage of the Cell chip.

PSN ID: getrdone25

i think it will
i guess i am in the minority lol

getrdone said:
I think 1 million is can be done easily, for worldwide week 1. I can also see the game selling very well.
1. PS3 userbase will be a lot bigger by then, thanks to probably MGS4
2. Right before christmas, and alot of parents will buy this for a christmas persent
3. It probably be bundle some how. (maybe)
4. I really feel like insomniac is going to go all out on this game.
a. Their first 50gb game
b. Their thrid game for the ps3, so they know the system very
c. It will have a great single player and 8 player co-op campaign
d. 60 player online and i hope they do this right
5. I really feel like this will be the first game to take advantage of the cell TEH CELL chip.

Minor correction required

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

No. It'll turn out amazing i'm sure but it probably won't be a million seller in the first week. First month there's a decent chance depending on PS3 momentum which should be high considering it's close to the holidays.

Around the Network

We will just have to wait for june 13, when we get to see what the actually gameplay looks like.

PSN ID: getrdone25

colonelstubbs said:
Fernando said:
I don't think so... MGS4 will barely do 1 million first week (I think that maybe 800,000 first week worlwide)...

Resistance, no.

That is sheer lunacy...

Are you saying it's crazy because he is overestimating it or underestimating it?  We only have complete launch data for MGS3 which launched to a sizeable PS2 userbase (~70 million according to VGC numbers for end of '04) and that barely squeaked over a million.  

I know the bundles will help along with bringing back the 80 gig SKU but I still don't think it's hyped enough to beat MGS3's launch.   

It should get close.

The release date is quite close to Christmas, sales get huge in that time.

azrm2k said:
colonelstubbs said:
Fernando said:

Resistance, no.

That is sheer lunacy...

Are you saying it's crazy because he is overestimating it or underestimating it? We only have complete launch data for MGS3 which launched to a sizeable PS2 userbase (~70 million according to VGC numbers for end of '04) and that barely squeaked over a million.

I know the bundles will help along with bringing back the 80 gig SKU but I still don't think it's hyped enough to beat MGS3's launch.

Flawed argument, MGS2 sold much more than MGS3 with a smaller install base, if anything the PS2's install base at the time was probably around the same as the PS3s at this time. Not to mention MGS4 will have virtually no competition. I will make a bet with anyone that doesn't think MGS4 will sell more than 1 million units during it's first week on a world wide basis.

OnT: and yes, I think the install base and marketing for the PS3/R2 will be enough to get to 1 million WW. 

azrm2k said:
colonelstubbs said:
Fernando said:

Resistance, no.

That is sheer lunacy...

Are you saying it's crazy because he is overestimating it or underestimating it?  We only have complete launch data for MGS3 which launched to a sizeable PS2 userbase (~70 million according to VGC numbers for end of '04) and that barely squeaked over a million.  

Thats the logic Im using...