By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Resistance 2 sell 1 million in week 1?

1 million 1st week Worldwide is pretty solid.

It's very feasable.

Resistance has built a strong userbase based off of sales, and could easily do 1 million first week, seeing as the first one will probably end up around 4-5 million lifetime.

Around the Network

I can see MGS 4 doing 1M DAY ONE! (It's a world wide release after all)

PREDICTION:

60M PS3's by the end of it's Life Span (Anything between 5 to 10 years)

cool

darthdevidem01 said:
I don't believe people are even debating on this matter...

If anything Motorstorm 2 has a bigger chance

I  agree.

Motorstorm has sold more consoles and units than resistance - and the sequal will easily outsell resistance 2 - mabey not one million in the first week though.

Unlike resistance 2 which is a continuation of the original story with pretty much the same gameplay and tweaked graphics, and a near unplayable controll system (which could easily be fixed simply by allowing the player to use a mouse ).

Motorstorm Pacifica will have split screen multiplayer (upto 4 players) which  means in addition to it's single player racing  it will have family and party  appeal opening it to a far wider audience.

MS2 also has motion steering support which allows non-console owners to use their car driving skills to pick up and play without having to spend weeks practicing how to drive using their right thumb.

PS3 number 1 fan

Resistance 2 will sell 5 million games first week. Resistance 2 will be a huge AAA exclusive PS3 game that will outsell Gears of War 2. Resistance 2 LTD = over 10 million.

Around the Network

week 1 - 725k
week 2 - 450k
week 3 - 290k
week 4 - 195k
week 5 - 180k

LTD sales = 7m or so

I think its possible and heres why:

Bluray- Walmart has recently begun to push bluray. Hard. They have boths set up with just sony telivisions and a ps3. Besides wii, the ps3 will be the console to get and im sure sony will market R2 as the game to get.

Graphics- On the latest podcast beyond bryan ithitar or whatever said that not only does that teaser trailer represent in game footage, but it looks better. Looks are a great way to build hype.

Online- Its going to have a strong online community as insomniac has already shown.

Im sure theres more but i gotta shower for work.

i dont believe thaT
Resistance will sell 1 million in Week one...

PS360ForTheWin said:
week 1 - 725k
week 2 - 450k
week 3 - 290k
week 4 - 195k
week 5 - 180k

LTD sales = 7m or so

good prediction, plus the install base will be VERY high as well

but it might be a lil higher