By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Resistance 2 sell 1 million in week 1?

I doubt it.
The demo for the first one was near impossible to play i got fed up with it very quickly - it had alot of promise graphically and a good story - pitty it's totally unplayable - the idea of using 2 thumbsticks to control a player in an FPS is an exercise in futility.

Why dont they allow players to use a USB mouse (like on a PC) or allow motion controlled aiming and shooting, or a wii version which uses the wiimote to aim and shoot - i may consider it then.

I am so pleased that the Wii is Absolutley destroying the PS3 and X360 it may finally encourage Sony and MS to dump those stupid thumbstick controllers or for Sony to actually use the Sixaxis capability in it's controller. There is no way Sony will ever sell me a game which uses thumbstick only controls.

PS3 number 1 fan

Around the Network

I think it can an it will if it launches in NA and EU same day.

I don't believe people are even debating on this matter...

If anything Motorstorm 2 has a bigger chance

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Someone would have to shoe-horn the wii into a totally unrelated topic wouldn't they (as usual... yawn)... Odd odd people!

OT: I think that it is possible anyway, since there are almost 3 million people who have the game, and a lot of them will want to get the sequel on launch (i know i will anyway) so you never know

Lifetime 4 million is guaranteed though

for both Motorstorm 2 & Resistance 2

Around the Network
stephen700 said:
I doubt it.
The demo for the first one was near impossible to play i got fed up with it very quickly - it had alot of promise graphically and a good story - pitty it's totally unplayable - the idea of using 2 thumbsticks to control a player in an FPS is an exercise in futility.

Why dont they allow players to use a USB mouse (like on a PC) or allow motion controlled aiming and shooting, or a wii version which uses the wiimote to aim and shoot - i may consider it then.

I am so pleased that the Wii is Absolutley destroying the PS3 and X360 it may finally encourage Sony and MS to dump those stupid thumbstick controllers or for Sony to actually use the Sixaxis capability in it's controller. There is no way Sony will ever sell me a game which uses thumbstick only controls.

This is possibly the most stupid post ever. You are actually criticising a company for making a console FPS using the analogue sticks? Please just go back and happily play pc games.

"there is not way sony will ever sell me a game that uses thumstick only controls" so no console FPSs what so ever for you (apart from UT III). The Wii is not absolutely destroying the PS360 because it  has better FPS controls,there are barely any FPSs on Wii, and I am sure you would be happy to know that CoD 4 is on course to better 10m for PS3 and 360 and it uses dual analogue controls. If you are so desperate to avoid thumbsticks, get the split fx controller

Munkeh111 said:
stephen700 said:
I doubt it.

This is possibly the most stupid post ever. You are actually criticising a company for making a console FPS using the analogue sticks? Please just go back and happily play pc games.

"there is not way sony will ever sell me a game that uses thumstick only controls" so no console FPSs what so ever for you (apart from UT III). The Wii is not absolutely destroying the PS360 because it  has better FPS controls,there are barely any FPSs on Wii, and I am sure you would be happy to know that CoD 4 is on course to better 10m for PS3 and 360 and it uses dual analogue controls. If you are so desperate to avoid thumbsticks, get the split fx controller

I take it you havent played COD4 then....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

it will EASILY!! do 1 million at launch. I'd put it at 1.5 million.

Lifetime around 4.5-5 million.

stephen700 said:
I doubt it.

Oh my god... That is possibly one of the worst points to ever be made in the history of console gaming. Ever.

OT:

I think it could do 1M in its first week, but it will need some serious backing from Sony if that should happen. Massive marketing and possibly a bundle (PS3 + CoD4 + R2 bundle? "For the competetive player" xD) or an offer of some kind. Without the backing of this kind from Sony, it wont sell more than 1M in the first week.

But I think it will easily reach 5M in lifetime sales.

@coolestguyever

please do a regional breakdown....