By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
smbu2000 said:
disolitude said:
@smbu2000

I've never heard of a Sega Saturn breaking...ever!

Well I've had two go down on me.  

smbu2000, I don't know what the hell you said after this sentence. Also, if I comprehend correctly, you are now my idol.

Around the Network

Oops, double post. Sorry.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

mrstickball said:
Get it repaired. Chances are, you'll get the near-unbreakable Falcon, and not suffer form paranoia via RROD.

Is there any evidence that the Falcon RRoD's less than the older models? Also, is there any way to gurantee you get a Falcon? Finally, is there any way to get rid of that paranoia even if I had a console that I knew was immune to RRoD?

For me, there's not. 

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

d21lewis said:
smbu2000 said:
disolitude said:
@smbu2000

Well I've had two go down on me.

smbu2000, I don't know what the hell you said after this sentence. Also, if I comprehend correctly, you are now my idol.

i c wut u did thar

360 is bad for you, babies shouldn't be playing 360! *congressman cries* "360 killed my father and raped my mother"

In all seriousness it's better then getting the blue light of death, my Wii mysteriously turns on a blue light at night and tells me to "kill them all" then the next thing I remember is waking up in bed with blood all over my clothes and a warrant out for my arrest =( there's no repairing that.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Sorry for your loss, man. :P

Man, I sure hope that never happens to me. Actually, is there any way to save your profile so your achievements and stuff don't go lost when/if your X360 gives you the RROD?

Rrod doesn't effect your harddrive. You keep your HDD and send in the console itself. Then you just attach the HDD to the console they send back.

@OP.

Due to the inherrent flaws in Sony's online system, flaws that cannot be rectified due to the fact developers were never told to plan for changes, Sony's PS3 online will never catch the 360's.

Fortunately, Microsoft seems to be clearing up Rrod, so whatever console they send back, be it new, repaired or refurbished, it is likely to be Rrod free.

lol ... man your fanboyism is actually funny . Never .... well seeing Home I wouldent say so . That like saying back in the GC gae that Nintendo will never make as much money as Sony and we all know what happened :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:

Well, ninteen of my friends got it forty-two times a piece.

From DmeisterJ, treat this comment with hilarity and humour.

From BCNR34, treat his comment with concern. There is genuine worry on VGC that he actually believes the words he types. Such instability is rarely seen in humans, and we've all agreed to keep an eye on him for his own well-being.

I typically don't agree with  BCNR34, but I think he was making a joke in this case.

is there any particular reason why it suddenly had RRoD?

^^^I kept mine elevated, ventilated, and clean. It RRoD'd anyway. I don't think the 360 feels that it needs a reason to call in sick.

noname2200 said:
disolitude said:
@smbu2000

Mine did. Even after I got it fixed, it wipes the memory every time I turn it off. I have a copy of Dragon Force five feet from where I sleep, and yet I can't play it. Grrr....

Back on topic. Sorry to hear you got red ringed. Still, the newer models are supposed to be more immune to this than the earlier ones, and Microsoft did expand its warranty time for all users, so why not call and ask if you can send it in and get it repaired? Hopefully that'll fix the problem forever, but even if it doesn't, you don't really lose anything by trying right?

Noname -- That almost sounds like a battery problem. You can replace the internal battery that keeps the memory in place. I know, I had that happen to me. Works fine now.

Mike from Morgantown

Proud owner of all US Saturn releases complete. 

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV