By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well i thought i was lucky

I thought i could go forever without it

then last night in the middle of some COD4 online it happened...

First it just froze... then those 3 little red lights flashed in my face saying "hahahaha you suck"

ok ok well it didn't say that but it sure sounded like it.

I had my 360 for almost 2 years and i thought i was immune to this but i guess not, i do have to say tho it really makes me not want to buy games for my 360 once i get a PS3.  i mean why buy games for a console that has a good chance of breaking when i can buy ones for a console that doesn't have the same issues...

yeah i know live is better but i figrue sony has to catch up with the online some day right?.... right?

ok sorry just wanted to get that out there now i'm going to go back to the real world... its scary out there.... 

Around the Network

Sorry for your loss, man. :P

Man, I sure hope that never happens to me. Actually, is there any way to save your profile so your achievements and stuff don't go lost when/if your X360 gives you the RROD?

Lulz

2 years Wow...thats more than I got from my 1st gen PS2 for the record.

@Majin-Tenshinhan
Your profil is saved on microsoft's servers. When you do account recovery on your new console you get everything back...

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Man, I sure hope that never happens to me. Actually, is there any way to save your profile so your achievements and stuff don't go lost when/if your X360 gives you the RROD?

Rrod doesn't effect your harddrive.  You keep your HDD and send in the console itself.  Then you just attach the HDD to the console they send back.

@OP.

Due to the inherrent flaws in Sony's online system, flaws that cannot be rectified due to the fact developers were never told to plan for changes, Sony's PS3 online will never catch the 360's.

Fortunately, Microsoft seems to be clearing up Rrod, so whatever console they send back, be it new, repaired or refurbished, it is likely to be Rrod free. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Thanks disolitude, that's pretty cool. Still, I don't get why they haven't fixed the RODD-problem yet. It's been happening to lots of people since the game launched, and they haven't done anything about it. Pretty lame.

@starcraft

Really? I was under the impression that they weren't doing anything to fix it. Well, that's what I heard from people I know anyway. 

There are businesses who take RROD 360's repair them and resell them

starcraft said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Rrod doesn't effect your harddrive.  You keep your HDD and send in the console itself.  Then you just attach the HDD to the console they send back.

@OP.

Due to the inherrent flaws in Sony's online system, flaws that cannot be rectified due to the fact developers were never told to plan for changes, Sony's PS3 online will never catch the 360's.

Fortunately, Microsoft seems to be clearing up Rrod, so whatever console they send back, be it new, repaired or refurbished, it is likely to be Rrod free. 

*cough*Sure...*cough*

Sorry man, that's unlucky, just a few days before GTA 4.

Hmmmm......me pointing that out probably just pissed you off even more........

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Thanks disolitude, that's pretty cool. Still, I don't get why they haven't fixed the RODD-problem yet. It's been happening to lots of people since the game launched, and they haven't done anything about it. Pretty lame.

@starcraft

Really? I was under the impression that they weren't doing anything to fix it. Well, that's what I heard from people I know anyway.

We've received virtually no reports of Rrod from consoles manufactured in the last six months.  I know three people with Rrod (myself included).  I got it twice, they each got it three times.  On our last repairs (all around 8-10 months ago) they seem to have got it right, and we now run fine.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS