By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Can anyone tell me exactly what to look for on the outside of the box, when trying to figure out if the unit is a Falcon or not?

Still a huge bother, imo, but I might consider picking a new one up.

Can't really explain to a casual gamer about the Falcon chips, lol. Anyway, I need thorough explainations on how to find out without opening the box, because in reality, no store will let you do that.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Also, is there any new versions of the console coming out in the future that will have even a smaller chance of RRoDing?

I've been thinking of waiting for those, if I decide to get another 360.

MS should be the ones spreading this info, it should have to fall to internet posters. 

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Zen -

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/02/05/how-to-spot-a-falcon-65nm-360-in-the-wild/

That explains, perfectly, how to check the label on the box to find out the exact Falcon-Ready info you need, to ensure you buy a Falcon without opening the box. It's pretty simple (atleast from my perspective).

And as to the question of "will there be a more reliable X360 than the Falcon?" absolutely. Although everyone is upset that it took until the Falcon to squash the majority of RROD problems, MS has had 3 distinct re-designs:

#1. Initial batch of horridly faulty X360s.
#2. 2nd Heatsink/HDMI Models in Mar/Apr. 2007 (still faulty, but less than #1s)
#3. Falcon Batch. Best model to date.

However, the 360 still uses 90nm technology in some areas. This causes extra heat to build up, allowing for the system to still overheat (but not nearly as bad as Gen 1 and Gen 2 systems).

Microsoft has been rumored to come out with the new systems around the same time the Falcons came out last year - or August. Those should have complete 65nm archatecture, and be cheaper (as the Falcon's brought in the most recent wave of pricecuts. Jaspers, the next codename, will incredibly decrease the costs, making an August pricecut seem inevitable).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Yeah not bad thats like a launch 360 record surely. I had 2 PS2's in that time.

well i called and the coffin is being sent to me now....

I think its really funny how the person on the phone said how he was giving me a 1 month xbox live card like it was a huge favor to me... 

I don't want anyone to think i hate 360 now or that i am never going to play it again i just wish i could play it now, once it is back i will go right back to playing it.

Does anyone know how to tell if the 360 they send me back is a falcon or not?