By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BCNR34 said:
i know 139 people with falcons and they all rrod'd 4 times each

You can't be serious..

Around the Network
disolitude said:
@smbu2000

I've never heard of a Sega Saturn breaking...ever!

Mine did. Even after I got it fixed, it wipes the memory every time I turn it off. I have a copy of Dragon Force five feet from where I sleep, and yet I can't play it. Grrr....

Back on topic. Sorry to hear you got red ringed. Still, the newer models are supposed to be more immune to this than the earlier ones, and Microsoft did expand its warranty time for all users, so why not call and ask if you can send it in and get it repaired? Hopefully that'll fix the problem forever, but even if it doesn't, you don't really lose anything by trying right? 

Shameless said:
BCNR34 said:

You can't be serious..

you can't be serious

Shameless said:
BCNR34 said:

You can't be serious..

Oh, he can be.... He just chooses not to.

I gotta stop with these obscure references nobody will get. 

Blaze said:
The_God_of_War said:
Sorry man, that's unlucky, just a few days before GTA 4.

Hmmmm......me pointing that out probably just pissed you off even more........

Like salt in the wound.....

Ha ha, sorry! You could just get a PS3 now or the PS3/GTA 4 bundle depending on where you live, no worries about reliability and you won't have to wait extra to play GTA 4.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
@smbu2000

I've never heard of a Sega Saturn breaking...ever!

Well I've had two go down on me. My first one that I got for christmas in 1995 (first generation US model w/the fatty /crappy controller), which I took into Toys R US and got a replacement with the newer version(w/the smaller/awesome JP style controller). The 2nd one lasted a long time, but I think the cd drive is busted. Games and cd's don't spin up at all when I put them in the system, it just sits on the "cd player" screen

I have been planning on picking up a used JP Sega Saturn system, sometime. 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

@Starcraft-you have got to be kidding right? just because you dont see people complaining on these forums about it,it doesn't mean RROD isn't still an issue and Microsoft gives out old RROD refurbished units to customers not magical RROD proof ones.Regaurding Sony catching Microsoft in online,its only a matter of time till both have the same types of services but you'll still be paying $50.00 a year to use Live while PSN is free.Sony has given plenty of developers the incentive to develop Home integrated services that wont be on Live,get your facts right kid.

starcraft lives in some fantasy world where rrod has been completely fixed and wiped from all forms of history.

Get it repaired. Chances are, you'll get the near-unbreakable Falcon, and not suffer form paranoia via RROD.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Look on the bright side. At least it failed now, while it was under the 3 year extended warranty, so repair is free.