By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Plucky Squire out now on Switch, PS5, Xbox Series, and PC

I've had my eye on this one since its reveal way back in June 2022, and now it finally has a release date.

In just over a month, the game will finally be in our hands. 

Around the Network

Yay, I'm going to buy it on PS5 even though it will be available through the PS+ Premium and Extra catalogs at launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Find it weird that an indie would've managed to get a deal out of Sony to be on PS + Extra/Premium on release day.

But oh we rejoice at this news. Absolutely charming from the first showing ! So glad we're getting it this year.
Being before the release of the new Zelda is also slightly advantageous because it's got itself a window to impress on people that week instead of being over shadowed by the bigger releases of the period.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

The game looks absolutely gorgeous.

With all of the releases this holiday, I won't pick it up right away, but it's on my radar for an eventual buy.

Mar1217 said:

Find it weird that an indie would've managed to get a deal out of Sony to be on PS + Extra/Premium on release day.

But oh we rejoice at this news. Absolutely charming from the first showing ! So glad we're getting it this year.
Being before the release of the new Zelda is also slightly advantageous because it's got itself a window to impress on people that week instead of being over shadowed by the bigger releases of the period.

Sonic Superstars launched just before Mario Wonders last year. That did not go well.

I hope for Plucky Squire to be a hit, but I think launching it just before Zelda will not do it any favors. It will depend on how it will be priced, but most people don't buy 2 full prized games within 10 days of each other. Both are charming bird eye view action adventure games.

Both Sonic and Plucky are multi platform sure, but saleswise the Switch is a natural home for both of them.

Again hope I'm wrong, but I think if they had the choice, better to put at least a month between them.

Around the Network

It looks so unique, well outside of VR anyway. There was a game in VR called Pixel ripped 1989 that did the same thing in a shorter less refined package. I'll not be picking this up but cool to see it exists.

The game has been in my radar since they announed it. I'm glad we finally have a release date, and one that's fairly close.

I now hope the game turns out to be as good and fun as in the videos.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Previews are very positive:

Been on my last since reveal. Looks so amazing.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

This looks pretty spectacular, maybe the best aesthetic I've seen in a game since Cuphead. If they nail the gameplay as well this will easily be a strong GOTY contender.