By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Do you mean at a systems level or game design level cause I'd say Elden Ring is much more ambious than this, it just doesn't move quite as fast on screen. 

Elden plays exactly like souls it didn't really do anything new other then make a fantastic open world game and they also really suck at making impressive graphics. Their games weren't top of the line graphically on ps4 and to see ps5 games look almost the same is very disappointing.

Graphically and animation wise it is excellent however I see very little that makes it stand out, a very nice set of moves and transformations he has but nothing we haven't seen before. Name one thing about the game that's ambitious from what we've seen aside from the Graphics and animation work, which is a step above the rest. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

Elden plays exactly like souls it didn't really do anything new other then make a fantastic open world game and they also really suck at making impressive graphics. Their games weren't top of the line graphically on ps4 and to see ps5 games look almost the same is very disappointing.

Graphically and animation wise it is excellent however I see very little that makes it stand out, a very nice set of moves and transformations he has but nothing we haven't seen before. Name one thing about the game that's ambitious from what we've seen aside from the Graphics and animation work, which is a step above the rest. 

It really gonna come down to how great the world design is and if the tranformation to animals make it more fun to explore. The  variety in moves is probably the best we have seen but sadly the world design in games that are similar are not great.

Leynos said:

Tears of the Kingdom Ultra hand is the most ambitious mechanic in games in the last several years. Simply for how insanely hard that is to do for any developer. Something thought not possible on PS5 let alone Switch. Before someone says Banjo. It's not the idea that's the ambitious part. Banjo doesn't have the dynamic physics Ultra hand does. Ultra Hand has logistics in functioning mechanical devices. Not to mention collision detection is so tight it's mindblowing. And to think devs were blown away by the rope in TLOU2 and the perfect collision/animation of walking up stairs in Judgment.

TOTK has nothing do with hardware power and really showed that person that made the comment has no clue to what he's talking about. Yes TOTK is ambitious but it sacrficed so many things like it has the same map, same gameplay, same graphics and it won't be remebered at fondly as BOTW. the main gameplay focus  was the physics  and if thats what you want from zelda then i guess you will be happy.

Considering there's a load of action games with multiple weapons with different movesets to play with like à là DMC, Bayonetta, GOW or Astral Chain.
I'm not impress by the mechanical depth you're trying to imply.

Also, it looks good for what the current generation offers but Imma be honest, I rarely vibe with the drab grey aesthetics this is going for in some parts.
Anywoo, not getting my mind blown there, especially if you've seen more advanced UE5 demos.

Is it gonna be a good game though ? Most likely but we'll let the players judge of it on release day anyway.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Considering there's a load of action games with multiple weapons with different movesets to play with like à là DMC, Bayonetta, GOW or Astral Chain.

Also, it looks good for what the current generation offers but Imma be honest, I rarely vibe with the drab grey aesthetics this is going for in some parts.
Anywoo, not getting my mind blown there, especially if you've seen more advanced UE5 demos.

Is it gonna be a good game though ? Most likely but we'll let the players judge of it on release day anyway.

DMC and bayonetta have terrible level design, and the graphics are not impressive  at all. GOW 2018 yea thats one of the best games ever if this could match that or better exceed that level design then it would be something special. Never played astrail chain, but the platinum games i did play always had the boring level design and games were just about combat.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

It really gonna come down to how great the world design is and if the tranformation to animals make it more fun to explore. The  variety in moves is probably the best we have seen but sadly the world design in games that are similar are not great.

We'll know in a week. The game is very veiled, for all we've seen it feels like we haven't seen anything at all and when people can't figure out what your game is with hype this high, it's usually a bad sign for release day. Fingers crossed for the best but temper expectations based on very jump cut heavy trailers. If the devs were confident in their game this late in the day they'd have a narrator explain what is happening on screen and andbrun us through every nuance but since they haven't I'm to assume they are afraid of loosing hype and sales if they take away player expectation and where the hell is the English dub or even the Chinese VO? If it's a story based game surely the characters will be speaking. 

Beautiful game, but the theme of the game does not appeal to me.

zeldaring said:
Mar1217 said:

DMC and bayonetta have terrible level design, and the graphics are not impressive  at all. GOW 2018 yea thats one of the best games ever if this could match that or better exceed that level design then it would be something special. Never played astrail chain, but the platinum games i did play always had the boring level design and games were just about combat.

Now I know you are crazy.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

If the level design is linear with no exploring or secrets I would consider terrible. Not to mention i think the art style is horrendous.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

If the level design is linear with no exploring or secrets I would consider terrible. Not to mention i think the art style is horrendous.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED