By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct, June 18, 2024, 10 AM EST

How would you rate this Nintendo Direct?

10 18 25.71%

9 28 40.00%

8 15 21.43%

7 6 8.57%

6 2 2.86%

5 0 0%

4 1 1.43%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:70

New Mario&Luigi, Marvel vs Capcom collection, DQ 2DHD, new and unique 2D Zelda, and finally real footage of Prime 4. That makes a good direct for me, even if the lack of Prime 2 and 3 is disappointing.

Turok on N64 expansion pack is a weird choice when the game was remastered for Switch years ago and that version is better in every way.

This direct did not change the perception that the Switch is winding down, but it shows that the system isn't going out on a whimper.

Around the Network

I rate it an 8 because even though I was disappointed that all Donkey Kong got was another remaster, we're getting a new Mario & Luigi, Zelda finally gets her solo outing *riddles anyone who brings up Wand of Gamelon with arrows*, and Metroid Prime 4, despite what I was starting to think, isn't dead. ^^

The Donkey Kong announcement is probably the biggest letdown among things that were revealed. There doesn't seem to be any new content from what the 3DS version had, and an HD glow-up isn't all that exciting when this is the game's 3rd release.

Feels like their best direct to date

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Very clearly Nintendo keeping anything that could be a 10+ million seller for Switch 2 at this point.

Playable Zelda is neat, but I dunno if that game is more than a 4-5 million unit seller, also not really sold on that gameplay mechanic.

Felt like they didn't want to make a game where Zelda fights anyone directly, lol. 

Around the Network
h2ohno said:

New Mario&Luigi, Marvel vs Capcom collection, DQ 2DHD, new and unique 2D Zelda, and finally real footage of Prime 4. That makes a good direct for me, even if the lack of Prime 2 and 3 is disappointing.

Turok on N64 expansion pack is a weird choice when the game was remastered for Switch years ago and that version is better in every way.

This direct did not change the perception that the Switch is winding down, but it shows that the system isn't going out on a whimper.

Basically how the Switch is going out.

So, year 8 lineup everyone, lower your expectations

Biggest thing for me: Dragon Quest trilogy HD-2D. Nice! Even with Horii, quickly showing him as the last one of still alive.

Other great stuff:
* Metroid Freaking Prime
* Zelda's Zelda
* new Mario+Luigi

A lot of maybe's in the rest as well and games that while not for me still great to see. Ah yes, good NSO drops.

Nintendo watched the presentations... and felt no fear. Then Microsoft at last put up something decent and now Nintendo had to act - and deliver more! Thanks Microsoft

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Soo ok, Imma do my highlights on the Direct we had.

- Mario & Luigi Brotherahip ! , the most unexpected twist for an opener I would've not seen coming

- Dragon Quest III HD 2D remake , looking even greater than its first teaser which dang ? The artstyle came a loog way since Octopath Traveler released.

- DKC Returns HD, hopefully the price is right on this one but if you haven't played it, it's a good one with a bad difficulty curve right at the end.

- Super Mario Party Jamboree, definitely the most ambitious they've been with one of these games in a while. 7 boards, looots of mini-games and a 20 player online mode.

- Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, finally flipping the script on Link, playing Zelda and God mode with a wand.

- Romancing SaGa 2 remake, another big surprise coming from Square Enix. Looking like the most approacheable title in the series because of it's production values.

- Metroid Prime 4 Beyond, what else to say, it exists, it's certainly pushing the system and we're gonna see more of it later, be hyped !

9/10, 1st party releases for the end of the year will stack up nicely this holiday. Though, appart from a few select 3rd party games. Most of them crashed the momentum of the big reveals, so I can't give it a perfect.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

CaptainExplosion said:
h2ohno said:

Basically how the Switch is going out.

And here I had forgotten the reports that a remaster of F-Zero GX would be in the direct.

Well considering my expectations that was certainly a great direct and would've a really nice one even with normal expectations! Nothing outright huge as expected but multiple new notable announcements and Prime 4 getting shown off was a lot better than I was expecting since I only expected one notable new announcement. Nice to see that the 2nd half of the Switch's final year will be better than its first half and it'll go out in a nice way! For all the gaming events the past few weeks this was probably the best one and I imagine Prime 4 will be a cross-gen launch title and certainly hope it is since it would be very beneficial for the game and the Metroid series. Also good that all Ace Attorney games will now officially be localized though the Layton one is still stuck on the 3DS which isn't ideal.

Also Mario RPG fans have been treated extremely well lately, not only a Super Mario RPG and Thousand Year door remake but a completely new Mario & Luigi game in the span of a year? That's quite a turnaround after how the past decade has gone. 

Last edited by Norion - on 18 June 2024