By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony State of Play on 30th May 2024 at 3pm PT

Curious to see the price point for Astrobot - I'll probably pay full price but would be a bonus if it was a bit less.

Decent showcase given the way these things go lately.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Very underwhelming, but most likely my expectations weren't set right in the first place. I guess it was OK, considering the length, and despite not having too many super-interesting games, at least many of the games seemed somewhat interesting. God of War: Ragnarök requiring a PSN account is just nonsense though.

Imho...

Concord is dead on Arrival, Monster Hunter will be massive for Capcom, Astrobot is the star of the show for Playstation.

Weak show, I give it 5.5. I have high hopes for Astrobot, but It's not enough to save this presentation.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 30 May 2024

Didn't watch it, but Astrobot not coming to PSVR2 is a blow.

Oh well, money wins. It will definitely sell more copies as a flat game. Just disappointed they couldn't at least make it a hybrid game.

Shinobi-san said:

Curious to see the price point for Astrobot - I'll probably pay full price but would be a bonus if it was a bit less.

Decent showcase given the way these things go lately.

I can see Sony pricing this one as 40 or 50, instead of 60 or 70.

Around the Network

That Astrobot game looks insane. Also, God of War Ragnarok coming to PC is nice.

The 14 minute long Silent Hill 2 video is so much better than the SoP trailer! But fuck what they did to Angela :(

Astrobot is cool, but I'm semi disappointed it isn't a VR2 title or at least a hybrid. Loved the Shadow of the Colossus reference :D

Huh gotta say, that MH Wilds trailer left me conflicted.
It seems like the director from World got to eat the RE cinematic experience "meat" once again, those were the worst aspects of World and it seems right now that his team is basically doubling down on it.

Considering the usual trappings of a MH story, it's not exactly necessary. Also even more realistic looking humans with worse facial expressions than their previous games is somehow a thing ...

Gameplay wise, they took the cues about the mounts, completely essential element of the series moving forward. Switching weapons is cool ! New trappings mechanic and more organic feeling of an ecosystem that interacts naturally in this open zone context is great too.

Hopefully, when it comes to the biomes, this desert isn't the only thing we'll go through. Ugh there's something about all of the RE Engine used for these games that makes the colors look flat as if we're back into the 7th Gen muddy brown, greys and yellows.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Like I posted in the PS thread

I didnt watch the show live because I was baby item shopping this evening lol

But I did see some of the trailers and read up the announcements.

In terms of priority.....

High Priority
-Astro Bot
-God of War Ragnarok (PC)

Medium Priority
-Monster Hunter Wilds
-Silent Hill 2 Remake
-Infinity Nikki
-Dynasty Warriors Origins
-Until Dawn Remake

Low Priority
-Path of Exile 2
-Where Winds Meet

Ballad of Antara was at first my most hyped up announcement in the show....until I found it was F2P and likely a gacha so that got dropped off my list

Skydance's Behemoth looked good but its VR only so no priority for that.

Alien Rogue Icrusion, same reason, its VR only so no interest

Ragnarok and Until Dawn, will grab on PC for sure.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED