By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Ships 141.32 Million Units as of March 2024

Qwark said:
javi741 said:

13.5M seems extremely ambitious for the fiscal year tbh especially since Nintendo already acknowledged the successor is coming. And this quarter was a bit lower than expected in sales, didn't even crack 2M when I was expecting it to be closer to 2.5M. Maybe Nintendo did this aggressive forecast to not give a way a potential release window for Switch 2 cause if the forecast is too low it could imply the Switch successor will come this year.

Perhaps Switch 2 is not coming this or next year, but early 2026. There are pretty much no ru.ours about Switch 2 yet. Usually there are some rumours a year in advance about the possible price, specs etc. Also a lot of games get announced for a new platform a year in advance. I guess we will see in a month if Switch 2 is happening soon. I expect Nintendo to announce it at least 9 months in advance. Considering they still think Switch will sell 13.5 million, they might not be targeting an early 2025 release, but perhaps early 2026.

There are actually a lot of rumours and leaks out there about the successor's specs, and there has been for a while now. We know for example it's very likely using Nvidia's T239 processor.

And the gap between announcing a product and releasing it doesn't need to be drawn out to 9 months or more anymore. Nintendo often reveals games that are only a few months out, and they didn't blow the lid off Switch until it was just 5 months away. In the age of social media you really don't need a protracted marketing cycle, they could easily reveal Switch 2 in say January 2025 and have it out a few months later.

Around the Network

Of course, Nintendo being the sometimes unpredictable company who does moves nobody expects will simply repeat the same calendar through the reveal of the Switch successor as they did with the original Switch ...

I'm kinda not expecting that to be honest. And like someone said, the financial forecast for the year does not seem to indicate anything about the release of a new console in March so far ...

Maybe a Super Switch release in April to begin their new fiscal year ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Switch Sports saw a bigger increase this quarter than Animal Crossing, Smash, TOTK, BOTW, basically every title except for MK8, Wonder, and the new releases.
It really has become a sleeper hit.

curl-6 said:

Switch Sports saw a bigger increase this quarter than Animal Crossing, Smash, TOTK, BOTW, basically every title except for MK8, Wonder, and the new releases.

I wish they would add more dlc to the game. Hopefully free dlc.

We need more *Insert Console Name Here* Sports for the future. Keep the Sports series alive.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
curl-6 said:

I wish they would add more dlc to the game. Hopefully free dlc.

We need more *Insert Console Name Here* Sports for the future. Keep the Sports series alive.

Yeah, the game itself definitely could have used more content, but the fact it has sold so well even as it is shows there's plenty of life left in the series.

They'd be crazy not to continue it on future hardware.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

That was just the "alpha demo" before we're getting the obvious Switch successor sequel, Switch Sports Resort 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

That was just the "alpha demo" before we're getting the obvious Switch successor sequel, Switch Sports Resort 

I would love that!

But I feel that it is too close and too late to release a Switch Sports Resort.

If they release SSR, we need a new Resort Island as a competitive resort island to Wuhu.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

A sequel on Switch 2 that's as fleshed out as Resort is actually a great idea and I really hope they do that.

Resort was low key a really excellent game, and the series clearly has the potential to become one of Nintendo's bigger surefire mainstays provided they properly manage it.

Yearly sales for all 10+ million sellers on Switch plus Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Party, Luigi's Mansion 3 and SM3DW+BF were all up year over year.

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 18 May 2024

20 Switch games that already passed 10M and the Top 10 on 20M+ territory

Last edited by 160rmf - on 19 May 2024

We reap what we sow