By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Metacritic - 93

Final Fantasy has finally come home. An aggregate review score not seen since FF12 over 17 years ago. Here is the Metacritic score linking to all the reviews:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth/

Open Critic - 93

Last edited by Hiku - on 22 February 2024

Around the Network

yup. expected

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Some great scores it seems. Regardless of whether I think it's worthy of the name it's carrying or if I'm going to buy it, can't deny SquEnix main devs can make a great games.

One day maybe they'll try their hand at an ATB FF again.

Hmm, pie.

I predicted a 90 so glad to see it score a good deal higher than that at a 93.

Expected from the glowing reviews it got. It's good to see a FF game sowrring so high but at the same time, if you were not into FF VII from the get go, this might not be the BIG deal enthusiasts would expect it to be sales wise

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I expected 92 on Opencritic initially, then 93-94 (State of Play), then 90 (Nibelheim demo). How I wish I had more free time to play the fawk out of it...

First FF with a 90+ average critic score since FF12 in late 2006 - that's crazy.

Among JRPGs, only Persona 4, Persona 5, and Xenoblade have gotten 90+ scores since then, mind.

Good on Square Enix. Finally able to get over the 90+ metacritic/opencritic hump after the disappointment that was XIII. I know they’ve been trying hard to get Final Fantasy back as the premier JRPG franchise.

Remake on the PS4 has a 87 on Metacritic. Sounds like they made some improvements.

Will probably get some GOTY awards in december.

I think it will at least get the "Best RPG", since so far I don't see what other title could get it.