By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Metacritic - 93

Wow! Final Fantasy VII Rebirth just critted the critics with a dazzling Metacritic score of 93! It's like Cloud's spiky hair—defying gravity and expectations with each swing of the Buster Sword. With ratings this high, it's not just a game; it's a Potion for the soul, curing us of our gaming drought. Even Sephiroth's thinking of trading in his Masamune for a controller! I can't wait to mosey into the full game and let the nostalgia flow. And mark my words, with this kind of momentum, it's not just a contender—it's a shoo-in for the Game of the Year. Final Fantasy is back.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Will check it out on PC possibly when ever that is going to be (three month exclusive window?).

It's currently at 93 on Open Critic as well.

Looking really good for Rebirth.

Rebirth is doing great with critics. But could we see a Two Towers scenario, where a great movie will not get the Oscar because voters are waiting till the last in the trilogy? Or in other words, Rebirth not getting GOTY because a third part is already announced?

Tober said:

Rebirth is doing great with critics. But could we see a Two Towers scenario, where a great movie will not get the Oscar because voters are waiting till the last in the trilogy? Or in other words, Rebirth not getting GOTY because a third part is already announced?

No, I don't think so.

At least that would be unfair, since both Remake and Rebirth are like full games.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

First FF with a 90+ average critic score since FF12 in late 2006 - that's crazy.

Among JRPGs, only Persona 4, Persona 5, and Xenoblade have gotten 90+ scores since then, mind.

Not if we count FF14 expansions. Shadowbringers scored 90, and Endwalker 93. Final Fantasy is back baybeh.

This is where all the 93's are from.

We eating so good thanks to Japan.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Remake on the PS4 has a 87 on Metacritic. Sounds like they made some improvements.

I think it might also have something to do with expectations. The first game being JUST midgar definitely seemed to tweak a lot of nipples at the time and the same can be said about all the 'fluff' content. Now people know what to expect and this is more in line with the overall feel of the game. 

a review of expectations, I expect. Either way, the part between Midgar and that infamous Disc 1 ending is probably my favourite part of the original game so it makes sense that it's so important here. 

My body is ready. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Hiku said:

It's currently at 93 on Open Critic as well.

Looking really good for Rebirth.

Just waiting on Stephanie Sterling to give it a 2 or something just to get them bitchy clicks. 

Gave The Last of Us 2 remake a 6 and HElldivers 2 a 3.5. Fuck her. I wish I could erase her reviews from metacritic. Ever since the 7/10 Breath of the Wild debacle it's been clear she's just doing it out of spite. Even gave Tears of the Kingdom a 7/10 for them 'not learning from their mistakes'. WHAT MISTAKES STEPHANIE?! BOTW WAS ONE OF THE BEST-SELLING, HIGHEST RATED GAMES OF ALL TIME! 

Sorry, sorry. I'm just so sick of trolls messing with my headcanon and OCPD tendencies to hyperfixate on numbers and stats. Always ruin my mental organization when someone comes along and gives a great game a mid or terrible score just for the lulz or to piss everyone off. 

If anyone genuinely thinks Helldivers 2 is a 3.5/10 then they need to get their head screwed on right. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android