By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Announced for PlayStation, Switch, Xbox, and PC June 2024

Kneetos said:

Seeing a lot of buyers remorse for Nintendo switch lately, people wishing they didn't didn't buy the switch game so they could get it on Ps or pc

How you all feeling about this, I beat the game on switch and don't feel a need to get it again

I was tempted to get it for Switch but with rumours of PS4 port in works I waited it out. The visuals look great on Switch but also a bit compromised. Can't wait to see how it looks 4k60fps on PS5

Around the Network

Heh, still gonna buy it on Switch nonetheless.

They said the Vengeance path is basically as long as the Creation of God path with all the OG endings.

They confirmed the original development was straddled through hoops because of the time frame they were allowed to work on it. I'd say this was mostly felt in the story for the most part.
Nonetheless, story has never been the main point of any SMT games. Setting, atmosphere, demons and combat have always been the main attraction to play through these games.
The "dungeon" exploration never felt this good before too with even some needed platforming to get through secrets and such.

I'm gonna finish my playthrough of the OG version before this release so I can feel less guilty to no go through the OG version again.

Vengeance also looks to include party guest members to the party at some intervals early on at the start of the game almost.

Btb, people who had a saved files of the original on Switch will able to transfer .... Not their original save file (probably because the OG build isn't compatible with the new tweaked version) but 3 demons from their Demon Compendium.

That's certainly a gift lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Glorious 4K/60 fps here :

Kneetos said:

Seeing a lot of buyers remorse for Nintendo switch lately, people wishing they didn't didn't buy the switch game so they could get it on Ps or pc

How you all feeling about this, I beat the game on switch and don't feel a need to get it again

I put nearly 200 hours in on the Switch version and will be buying Vengeance, Zero buyer's remorse for me. If you buy Atlus games, it's kind of expected to have enhanced versions further down the line IMO. That doesn't stop me from buying the launch versions!

NobleTeam360 said:
Kneetos said:

I put nearly 200 hours in on the Switch version and will be buying Vengeance, Zero buyer's remorse for me. If you buy Atlus games, it's kind of expected to have enhanced versions further down the line IMO. That doesn't stop me from buying the launch versions!

Also, I don't understand the buyers remorse thing for people who originally bought it on release. It was exclusive to the Switch platform for 3 years. Plenty of time to play the release to it's full content back then.

This new release aims to basically almost re-tool the game enough that doing the Vengeance route will feel just as substantial than the original released had. 

Though if you did buy the game recently, I'd sympathize with them more. At least, you can find it much cheaper than it was at release right now 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I have SMTV on Switch - planning to play it to play one of the regular routes.

I'll get this version on PC or PS5 and play the new route.

This is basically the same experience as Devil Survivor 1/2 and Strange Journey going from original DS release and being remastered to 3DS.

I am so happy to hear that many people will get the chance to be able to play this game.

BiON!@ 

New trailer :

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 04 April 2024

This feels more like a sequel or SMTV-A. Insane how much has changed

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

New Nahobino form is amazing. The music in the 2nd part is so SMT IV/IV A. Cannot wait.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]