By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Earthbound 30th Anniversary Celebrations Planned by Nintendo

I'm going to go pie in the sky and predict that we'll get some MyNintendo rewards in the forms of character art you can choose as an avatar for your Switch account and wallpaper for your computer or phone in exchange for platinum points.

Meanwhile, Nintendo will be busy shutting down fanmade remakes.

Around the Network
Shtinamin_ said:

Since it was Shigesato Itoi's Company, Hibonichi, that made the announcement regarding this I suspect that nothing big will happen, and certainly nothing outside Japan will happen.

New Merchandise
A unique event that "has never been done before."
An unspecified "collaboration with another event."

Nothing interesting for the rest of the World, unless you are a true Mother fan.

BasilZero said:

Gonna be nothing.

burninmylight said:

I'm going to go pie in the sky and predict that we'll get some MyNintendo rewards in the forms of character art you can choose as an avatar for your Switch account and wallpaper for your computer or phone in exchange for platinum points.

Alright, we get it, Nintendo is incompetent when it comes to certain franchises and anniversary celebrations, doesn't mean that's the only kind of post I wanna hear in this thread. I've had enough cynicism from Marvel fans, I don't need that here too. -_-

burninmylight said:

Actually, Nintendo has been extremely benevolent with Mother fangames in general I believe...

Nintendo are going to celebrate by laughing at requests for Mother 3 to finally release in the west.

CaptainExplosion said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Since it was Shigesato Itoi's Company, Hibonichi, that made the announcement regarding this I suspect that nothing big will happen, and certainly nothing outside Japan will happen.

New Merchandise
A unique event that "has never been done before."
An unspecified "collaboration with another event."

Nothing interesting for the rest of the World, unless you are a true Mother fan.

Alright, we get it, Nintendo is incompetent when it comes to certain franchises and anniversary celebrations, doesn't mean that's the only kind of post I wanna hear in this thread. I've had enough cynicism from Marvel fans, I don't need that here too. -_-

I wasn't being cynical or depressing, this is actually what they stated. sorry

But my wish list if they could actually show some form of love to older franchises would be...

Mother 1+2+3 remake, like Mario Superstars.
Mother 64, the scrapped 3D Mother game for the Nintendo 64.
And an announcement to start development for Mother 4, with a completely new story unrelated to Mother 1-3, and a completely new cast of characters.

I believe, but I gotta be logistical too.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network

I’d love for them to finish Earthbound 64. Probably my most anticipated game for the console, it got cancelled and recycled into something that fell short of the vision.

But, if we’re focusing on Earthbound. What I’d like to see, more than anything, is a remake of the original guidebook, which was like a vacation pamphlet for the Eagleland region where the game takes place.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I think that I might possibily get this game for my collection.

BiON!@ 

axumblade said:

Nintendo are going to celebrate by laughing at requests for Mother 3 to finally release in the west.

To add insult to injury, I could see them releasing Mother 3 on the Expansion Pack in Japan this year. It did get a release on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

CaptainExplosion said:

Fine.

They are going to release a trilogy bundle pack series for the Nintendo Switch.

It will be $60 - you can buy individual games (Earthbound Beginnings, Earthbound and Mother 3) for $20 each.

The games will be remastered in 1080p 60 FPS

You will have multiple options to change how the game looks (Filters such as CRT, etc)

There will be a Music player option to listen to the OST

If you have NSO, you'll get it digitally included.

CaptainExplosion said:

I've had enough cynicism from Marvel fans, I don't need that here too. -_-

Haha. I hear ya!
It's actually a much older trend than you think. You might enjoy this clip satirizing that sort of cynical culture (from 2001's Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back... ouch! 23 years old now):

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.