By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2024

A new game to add to the list again.

Finished Games:

1. Odin Sphere Leifthasir (PS4) My Rating: 8.5 / 10
    • I'd had this game waiting on my back log for ages, and I finally decided to give it a go. Turns out that Odin's Sphere is a great game. The gameplay is fun, and thanks to the five different playable characters, nicely varied as well. The music is great, and the visuals are gorgeous. The story is overall great, but because of the way the game tells it, focusing on one character at a time even though all of their stories take place at the same time, it means that you only get the full picture of what is going on after finishing all five characters' stories. As a result, especially with the first few characters, you can end up feeling a bit lost at times. Still, this was a great way to start the year off.
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5) My Rating: 9.0 / 10
    • Just decided to replay the Remake in preparation for Rebirth. Also played through the Yuffie DLC for the first. Still love the game, the only notable issue I have is the Sephiroth fight at the end. I think they should've saved it for later. Otherwise the game is excellent, even better than I previously thought.
  3. Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy (PS5) My Rating: 8.5 / 10
    • I've always been a big fan of the Trine games, in particular when playing them in co-op, and Trine 5 might be the best one yet. Solid, highly enjoyable puzzle platformers with a charming world and characters. Best played with three people, but even with two or just on your own these are always fun games.
  4. A Plague Tale: Requiem (PS5) My Rating: 9.0 / 10
    • A sequel to one of my favourite games of the previous generation, and quite possibly an improvement over it as well. I love this particular setting Asobo Studio has created, and the story and characters are great too, carried in this game by a fantastic voice performance by Charlotte McBurney as Amicia. If I had played this game back in 2022 when it was release I would have probably voted for her as the best performance of the year in the year-end awards. I loved the character's progression over the course of the game, slowly becoming more and more accustomed to and accepting of the idea of killing other people, and simply being mentally torn apart bit by bit by the horrible situation they've been forced into and from which there doesn't seem to be any escape. I'm not entirely sure yet, but this might be the first game I've played this year that'll make it into my top 50 once that event rolls around at the end of the year.
  5. Star Ocean: First Departure R (PS4) My Rating: 7.5 / 10
    • A solid old-school JRPG that effectively feels like a proof of concept for other, better games down the line. This was Tri-Ace's first game, and this definitely set up a template the later games in the series would follow and improve upon. This was an overall fun game, but it does feel like a first attempt at doing something. Still good, but every element found here would be greatly polished in games to come.
  6. Asterigos: Curse of the Stars (PS5) My Rating: 8 / 10
    • An action RPG that takes some clear inspiration from Dark Souls, but far easier and lighter a game (a soulslite?). The limits of the game's budget are unquestionably a factor here, as just about every aspect of the game could have used one more pass of polish before release, the gameplay could use a bit more snap and better damage feedback, and the writing/translation needed one more round of edits to fix the various small mistakes and just make the game less verbose. I still liked it a lot, and it's one of those games that feels more than the sum of its parts. My initial impression upon starting it weren't great, but the longer I played the more I found myself enjoying my time with Asterigos.
  7. Potionomics (PC) My Rating: 8 /10
    • I was ready to call this game one of my favourites of the last several years, all the way up until the end of the story, when I realized that instead of letting me continue playing in a free-play mode once the main storyline concluided, the game just ended. That meant that I basically missed at least a third of the game's content because I didn't know I had to do every extra piece of content on a very tight time limit while also making sure I met all the story requirements. I had purposefully left a lot of the extra stuff undone because I thought I could do all of it once the story was done, but that proved to be a poor decision on my part. I still think Potionomics is a great game, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth at the end. It could have been an all-time great title, now it falls disappointingly short of that due to a really odd decision to now let the player continue playing beyond the main storylines conclusion. For what is effectively a relationship/store management sim that's just strange.
  8. The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure (PS4) My Rating: 9 / 10
    • The better of the two Crossbell games in the series, Trails to Azure brings things particular story arc to a very satisfying conclusion. Overall, I'd say the Trails in the Sky and Cold Steel sub-series are a little better, but the difference isn't huge. It also marks the 9th game in the series I've now finished.
  9. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (PS5) My Rating: 9.5 / 10
    • The Current frontrunner for my game of the year. An absolutely massive game that took me 90 hours to beat, with a lot of optional stuff still left to do. Excellent story, wonderfully expanded characterization for the main cast, further improved battle system, and a gorgeous audiovisual design. If the last part of this trilogy sticks the landing it might actually overtake the original in my estimation. The main downsides to the game were some of the minigames, which didn't really grip me and felt more like chores rather than something I enjoyed. On the other, there's Queen's Blood, which is one of the best minigames in the whole series. I also found the Zack focused sections somewhat superfluous and unnecessary, but I suppose we'll still have to see what the ultimate payoff for that part of the story is. I thought the game also did a brilliant job at expanding the various locations around the world from the original. Finally, I have to mention the way Rebirth toys with the player at times. Remake already established the idea that things can go differently from the original this time, and Rebirth uses that fantastically, never allowing the player to be completely certain if something is going to go the way it did on the PS1 original, or if they are going to alter something. 

Currently Playing:

• We Love Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie (Switch)
  • Catmaze (PC)
  • Core Keeper (PC)

In queue:

• God of War: Ragnarök
  • Persona 5
  • Demon's Souls
  • Steelrising
  • Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age
  • Tales of Arise
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Steelrising

Around the Network

Update as of May 30th 2024

11th game finished!

Beaten so far in 2024
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC) - Jan 2024
-Final Fantasy VI (PC) - Jan 2024
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (NS) - Feb 2024
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PS4) - Feb 2024
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - Mar 2024
-Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (PC) - Apr 2024
-Final Fantasy VII (NS) - Apr 2024
-Sonic Unleashed (X360) - May 2024
-Dragon Quest I (NS) - May 2024
-Dragon Ball FighterZ (NS) - May 2024
-Tekken 2 (PS4) - May 2024

Beaten in Hours
-Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (PC) - 62 hours
-Final Fantasy VI (PC) - 56 hours
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (PS4) - 43 hours
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC) - 39 hours
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - 33 hours
-Final Fantasy VII (NS) - 30 hours
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (NS) - 26 hours
-Dragon Ball FighterZ (NS) - 24 hours
-Sonic Unleashed (X360) - 20 hours
-Dragon Quest I (NS) - 8 hours
-Tekken 2 (PS4) - 4 hours

Beaten score wise
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (PS4) - 99 out of 100
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - 98 out of 100
-Final Fantasy VI (PC) - 97 out of 100
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (NS) - 96 out of 100
-Final Fantasy VII (NS) - 94 out of 100
-Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (PC) - 89 out of 100
-Tekken 2 (PS4) - 86 out of 100
-Dragon Ball FighterZ (NS) - 85 out of 100
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC) - 85 out of 100
-Sonic Unleashed (X360) - 70 out of 100
-Dragon Quest I (NS) - 69 out of 100

Total number of Hours Platform wise
PC: 157 hours
NS: 121 hours
PS4: 47 hours
X360: 20 hours

Grand Total: 345 hours

Currently Playing

Planning to Play next (in no particular order and may change)
-Metal Slug XX (Steam/PC)
-Kirby's Dream Course (NSO)
-Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door (NS)
-Pokemon Platinum (DS)
-Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)
-Bravely Default II (NS)

1. Tales of Arise  *50hours

2. Neir Replicant  *25 hours

3. Project CARS 2 [4 lifetime goals]  *15 hours

4. Dave the Diver  *30 hours

5. Dirt 4 [Triple crown championship] *60 hours

6. Cat Quest  *5 hours

7. 13 sentinels Aegis Rim  *35 hours

Currently playing:

Yakuza Like a Dragon
WRC 10
Dredge

Vanquish

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 12 June 2024

1. Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)

Currently playing:

1. Monster Hunter Rise - I'd say I've unlocked about 90-95 percent of the armor and weapons for the types I use, and have about a dozen event quests to beat.
2. Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-boot camp - Palate cleanser when I need a break from MHR

At this point in my life, I'm lucky to finish one game per year.

burninmylight said:

Currently playing:

1. Monster Hunter Rise - I'd say I've unlocked about 90-95 percent of the armor and weapons for the types I use, and have about a dozen event quests to beat.
2. Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-boot camp - Palate cleanser when I need a break from MHR

That's impressive with MH Rise, the difficulty ramp is so steep you should count it as a win to get where you are. I got like MR 5 and I was out, not even sure how much of the game is left but I know it's too hard for me. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
burninmylight said:

Currently playing:

That's impressive with MH Rise, the difficulty ramp is so steep you should count it as a win to get where you are. I got like MR 5 and I was out, not even sure how much of the game is left but I know it's too hard for me. 

Thanks for the kind words! I'm an old-skool MH fan though: Rise is a cakewalk compared to anything before World. I spent half of HR using LR gear just to keep it interesting, I don't build optimal sets and I only use followers if I'm repeating a quest I just failed.

Speaking of followers, if you go back and leg it out a little bit longer, you can start unlocking some of the NPCs you meet throughout the game to come with you and help during your own quests. Makes a huge difference because at the very least they give monsters an extra target to keep the focus off of you, but they're actually pretty helpful with decent damage and timely buffs, traps and hunting helpers. The miko twins Minoto and Hinoa are especially useful because one will keep you healed up like her own life depends on it, and the other likes to use the hunting helper that makes her the constant target of big monsters to allow you plenty of time to get hits in with little worry.

Update as of June 11th 2024

12th game finished!

Beaten so far in 2024
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC) - Jan 2024
-Final Fantasy VI (PC) - Jan 2024
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (NS) - Feb 2024
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PS4) - Feb 2024
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - Mar 2024
-Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (PC) - Apr 2024
-Final Fantasy VII (NS) - Apr 2024
-Sonic Unleashed (X360) - May 2024
-Dragon Quest I (NS) - May 2024
-Dragon Ball FighterZ (NS) - May 2024
-Tekken 2 (PS4) - May 2024
-Devil May Cry (NS) - June 2024

Beaten in Hours
-Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (PC) - 62 hours
-Final Fantasy VI (PC) - 56 hours
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (PS4) - 43 hours
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC) - 39 hours
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - 33 hours
-Final Fantasy VII (NS) - 30 hours
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (NS) - 26 hours
-Dragon Ball FighterZ (NS) - 24 hours
-Sonic Unleashed (X360) - 20 hours
-Dragon Quest I (NS) - 8 hours
-Devil May Cry (NS) - 6 hours
-Tekken 2 (PS4) - 4 hours

Beaten score wise
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (PS4) - 99 out of 100
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - 98 out of 100
-Final Fantasy VI (PC) - 97 out of 100
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (NS) - 96 out of 100
-Final Fantasy VII (NS) - 94 out of 100
-Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (PC) - 89 out of 100
-Tekken 2 (PS4) - 86 out of 100
-Dragon Ball FighterZ (NS) - 85 out of 100
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC) - 85 out of 100
-Devil May Cry (NS) - 80 out of 100
-Sonic Unleashed (X360) - 70 out of 100
-Dragon Quest I (NS) - 69 out of 100

Total number of Hours Platform wise
PC: 157 hours
NS: 127 hours
PS4: 47 hours
X360: 20 hours

Grand Total: 351 hours

Currently Playing

Planning to Play next (in no particular order and may change)
-Metal Slug XX (Steam/PC)
-Kirby's Dream Course (NSO)
-Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door (NS)
-Pokemon Platinum (DS)
-Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)

Sorry was on holiday.

No that's pretty much it. Enemies get a bit tougher but nothing that's too difficult. Essentially a bunch of fetch quests and go here and kill stuff. 

It was a fun free game between the next big game I get so I didn't mind so much.

1) Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - PS5
2) Plague Tale: Requiem - PS5
3) Evil West - PS5
4) Immortals of Aveum - PS5
5) Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - PS5
6) Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - PS5
7) Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - PS5
8) Dead Space Remake- PS5
9) Interaction is Explicit - PS5
10) Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising - PS5
11) Stellar Blade - PS5
12) Tunic - PS5
13) Cat Quest - PS4

Currently Playing

1) Stellar Blade (PS5, second playthrough on New Game Plus mode)

In Queue

1) God of War Ragnarök (PS5)

2) Resident Evil 4 (Remake) (PS5)

3) The Callisto Protocol (PS5)

Completed

1) God of War (2018) (PS4, but played on PS5 in New Game Plus mode. I highly recommend any PS5 players who have not gone back to this masterpiece replay it, as having it at locked 4K/60fps on PS5 is super nice)

2) Stellar Blade (PS5)