By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your gaming goals for 2024?

Game.

Around the Network

Witcher 3 new game (not plus) Death March.
Suikoden 1 and 2 remaster (as long as they haven’t been cancelled)
Dragon Quest 11.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Witcher 3 new game (not plus) Death March.
Suikoden 1 and 2 remaster (as long as they haven’t been cancelled)
Dragon Quest 11.

If I actually manage to thin out my JRPG backlog this year, I will need to get around DQ11 too.

It seemed right up my alley when I played the demo 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Just play more tbh. Clearing out my rather sizable backlog doesn't hurt either.

I don't have any specific goals. However, I'm hoping to make some progress in my gigantic backlog, or at least feel like I've made some progress. I have a (relatively) small subset of the backlog I have particular interest in working on, but it's probably going to take years even for that subset, especially with all the distractions from outside that subset. 2024 is also another year where I hope to actually start working on creating a game of my own, but I have my doubts about that - there's never enough time for that.

Around the Network

No goals for me during 2024 for gaming (goals outside of gaming, for sure though).

I'll still be playing co-op games with friends and HotS, and some of the indies in my backlog, but I won't be buying the latest due to money issues, so I'll be better off spending the rest of that time getting back into drawing instead.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Personally, my gaming goal is to be at least 2 games per month

Return to and finally finish Finish Ring Fit Adventure (at least I can feel like I'm doing something more productive doing so ha)

Have a bunch of RPGs on Switch I'd like to knock out or at least make a bigger dent in. (Paper Mario Origami, Nino Kuni, Octopath, Xenoblade 3, few others). With the battery life on my og model becoming weaker, and normally playing in handheld mode, it's diminished my Switch gaming by quite a bit. Once I get the OLED model I'll probably be more incentivized to do so.

Finally beat Star Craft Brood War (a few missions left) and do a deep dive into Star Craft 2, as I've only played a few hours of the sequel thus far.

Get more into Overwatch 2. Me and my buddies were huge on the first one but I've kinda taken a hiatus focusing more on work, working out more, and tackling more of my backlog.

I've tackled most of the modern Assassin's Creed Stuff but I want to go back and knock out some more of the older games.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

If the rumors are true I'm going to pop a 4080 super into my computer.

Finally having my Polymega delivered put a huge relief for me. I don't set goals for gaming nor do new years resolutions. Bullshit no one ever actually does. What I have been working on the last year and plan to continue is more modern options to play my old games. I still need new ways to play 6th gen games. My Dreamcasts all work. Same with my PS2. Gamecube. 4 OG Xbox's all died. 360 works with most my OG games tho. There isn't a simple solution for that generation yet to me. For now will focus on possibly getting modules for the PM to play Genesis and SNES stuff to back up. Will think about an N64 one. TG16 I only have 4 Hucard games and all of them are on TG16 Mini which I do own.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!