By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your gaming goals for 2024?

Since I managed to finish 13 Sentinels before the end of the year, I feel more optimistic about my ability to fiinish games I want to finish, without putting them aside 'temporarily'.

So I will be focusing on my JRPG backlog.
Games I have already put 20-30+ hours into, but not finished.

Persona 5 Royal, Dragon Quest 11, Tales of Arise, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, etc.

I'm also looking forward to Eiyuden Chronicles, Tekken 8 and FF7 Rebitrth.

Around the Network

I recently bought the Xbox Series X.
It's my first Xbox console.
I'm going to play Xbox exclusives that I've never played before, like the Gears series, Fables, Rare games etc...
That's my goal for 2024.

BasilZero said:
BasilZero said:

So far in 2023 I have beaten 23 games.

I'm going to finish my 24th game either today or tomorrow - so thats 2 games a month average.

Anyways - I already have a Switch since 2020 and got a PS5 and Xbox Series X in 2023.

Its time to upgrade my 2019 gaming desktop PC.

Other than that, dont have any goals gaming wise for 2024 because we'll be introducing a new member to the family next year and my focus will be on that first and foremost.

Looks like I wont be able to beat ACIV Black flag in time.

So 23 games for 2023.

Not bad.

I guess I'll put myself up a new goal to finish...more games in 2024 than in 2023 :)

You would have completed ACIV Black Flag in time if you hadn't drunkenly fallen overboard and wasted all that time swearing at the game for being a glitchy (insert swear words first word starting with m  second word  with  f) rather than swimming back onboard)

PS. congratulations on your forthcoming addition to the family, didn't realise you were pregnant😊

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

You would have completed ACIV Black Flag in time if you hadn't drunkenly fallen overboard and wasted all that time swearing at the game for being a glitchy (insert swear words first word starting with m  second word  with  f) rather than swimming back onboard)

PS. congratulations on your forthcoming addition to the family, didn't realise you were pregnant😊

Well I wont have to worry about glitches anymore since I conquered all the bases and maxed out my ship....

Also thanks! Really excited!

coolbeans said:

Game.

Reaching my goal this early into the year.  So awesome.

Around the Network

My gaming goal is to focus primarily on steam game and retro games. Also psn games if possible. Move away from xbox. On the non-gaming front I want to be a better curator for this site because the point system makes it feel worth it when you contribute stuff to the database.

BiON!@ 

Play more games. Reduce backlog

I am Iron Man

To finally play these games i've had for a long time.

Granturismo 7,
Hades
No mans sky

Tamak30 said:

I recently bought the Xbox Series X.
It's my first Xbox console.
I'm going to play Xbox exclusives that I've never played before, like the Gears series, Fables, Rare games etc...
That's my goal for 2024.

Nice! I made the jump in '05 after being mostly Nintendo (later Sega and PC a bit), and for the most part I haven't looked back. I initially got the 360 for Rare but ironically there are very few Rare games I am into on Xbox even after almost 20 years. Kameo is pretty good (still has a bit of that 90s magic carried over) and Rare Replay for the nostalgia is a solid comp but as a whole they're not nearly what they were in the 90s. 

360, XB One, and now Series X have been my definetive online machines, esp when it comes to FPS/shooters/action games. The first 3 Gears games are awesome, Dead Rising 1, 2, 3. The late 2000s-early 2010s era Call of Duty games too, though the lobbies will likely be mostly vacant at this point. Still worth checking out the campaigns. Titanfall 1 and 2 are worth a playthrough. Halo 3's multi is stellar. Shadow Complex, Forza Horizon 2-5, Fallout 3, Borderlands 2, Sunset Overdrive (underrated IMO), Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Halo Wars 2 and Gears Tactics are pretty good too if you have access to play on PC.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Daggerfall Unity - it's been decades since I've played it, and this fan-made facelift is a perfect way to get into it again, while waiting for The Wayward Realms (from some of the lead devs who made TES II: Daggerfall).