By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 121 84.03%

Spiderman 2 23 15.97%

Total:144
zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

It's still way to early but I said its diffently not looking like 30+ million titles like many believed

Based on?

Switch is at the end of its cycle and games will be more front loaded like totk. Mario is looking to have longer legs but it won't last.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

Based on?

Switch is at the end of its cycle and games will be more front loaded like totk. Mario is looking to have longer legs but it won't last.

It won't last based on what? We don't know about any of the things that I think could impact Wonder's legs:

1. We don't know when the next Nintendo console will be released
  2. We don't know if the next Nintendo console will be backwards compatible
  3. We don't know if they will re-release Wonder for the next console
  4. We don't know when the next 2D Mario is coming

Because of that 30m is not out of reach IMO. It's not 100% guaranteed it will get there, though

Really trying to go for another loop again with those predictions hardly based on statistical evidence and sales facts, huh Zeldaring ?

Honestly, I was glad that you seemed to partially own up to the hubris you showed early on. But now that the game's coming to a close, you're kinda falling for the same behavioral patterns again.

Anyway, Mario's performing utmost to his top form 2 months after the holiday season, still on top of the charts mostly. This is probably gonna translate to good sales for this quarter too most probably.

Don't know what we'll have to expect of Spiderman though, it hasn't kept up with Mario Wonder on most software charts so, I'm forced to guess that Mario will carve itself a bigger gap between both games after the next fiscal quarter

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Just goes to show you that Mario still has a lot of clout with us gamers. Especially us gamers born in the 90s who want to buy our favorite childhood games.

BiON!@