By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
RolStoppable said:
zeldaring said:

I'm expecting mario wonder to fall off like totk but in a slower fashion. Still gonna end  at 22 million life time sales just like I predicted 

Funny how within the span of a few posts you've gone from 20m to 20-22m to now 22m.

It’s like he knows his arguments don’t hold up so he does small increases with each rebuttal.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

They gave out their FY forecast, they are expecting a 14% decline for hardware and a 17% decline for software. Even if they miss their forecast, it’s not going to be a massive decline.

I'm expecting mario wonder to fall off like totk but in a slower fashion. Still gonna end  at 22 million life time sales just like I predicted 

I think that's called moving the goalpost.

I don't think there is anything wrong, but if you do (I try to do so, but if I don't be patient) try to explain that you miscalculated and will bump the guess up 2M.

I just realized that I dont think I made my prediction. I'll say that it will sell around, if not above 21M units.

1. Because we are at the last console's full year.

2. It sold 13.44M this past FY, and I expect a minimum of 8M this FY.

3. Evergreen game, with a lot of playability when playing with others. Couch co-op is what 2D Mario is about.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

We'll probably know how many copies Spider-Man 2 sold in Sony's Fiscal Year report May 14

RolStoppable said:
zeldaring said:

Funny how within the span of a few posts you've gone from 20m to 20-22m to now 22m.

20 million to 22 million max is still my prediction much better then your laughable mario wonder 40 million prediction.

Shtinamin_ said:
zeldaring said:

I don't think there is anything wrong, but if you do (I try to do so, but if I don't be patient) try to explain that you miscalculated and will bump the guess up 2M.

I just realized that I dont think I made my prediction. I'll say that it will sell around, if not above 21M units.

3. Evergreen game, with a lot of playability when playing with others. Couch co-op is what 2D Mario is about.

I don't think i need to explain a 10% increase in sales even if my prediction was 20 million and it hits 22 million its a pretty close prediction, obviously switch still did much better last year then most expected that's why i bumped it up to 22 million. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Shtinamin_ said:

I don't think i need to explain a 10% increase in sales even if my prediction was 20 million and it hits 22 million its a pretty close prediction, obviously switch still did much better last year then most expected that's why i bumped it up to 22 million. 

Why so salty? You literally could’ve just said. Due to the high FY goals, I will change my prediction. Is that so hard?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

zeldaring said:

Looks like I nailed my prediction of Mario Wonder doing 20 million. Told you guys.

All you've proven is that you don't know what you're talking about.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Shtinamin_ said:
zeldaring said:

Why so salty? You literally could’ve just said. Due to the high FY goals, I will change my prediction. Is that so hard?

Cause I already said it months ago that it had better sales then I expected I don't think I have to keep repeating myself over a 10% difference.

Looking at how fast switch sales are slowing down my prediction seems like I nailed it. Told you guys switch Nintendo hardware selling in it's prime to get to 30 million + sales in titles.

zeldaring said:

Looking at how fast switch sales are slowing down my prediction seems like I nailed it. Told you guys switch Nintendo hardware selling in it's prime to get to 30 million + sales in titles.

You don’t have to repeat the same thing every time you find a cherry picked data point to support your argument.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.