By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 123 84.25%

Spiderman 2 23 15.75%

Total:146
zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

Mario Odyssey
FY18–10.41m
FY19-4.04m
FY20-2.97m
FY21-3.42m
FY22-2.67m
FY23-2.25m
FY24-2.20m

NSMBU Deluxe
FY19-3.31m
FY20-3.29m
FY21-3.84m
FY22-2.86m
FY23-2.11m
FY24-2.03m

3D World+Bowser’s Fury
FY21-5.59m
FY22-3.84m
FY23-1.95m
FY24-2.10m

Mario Wonder is totally going to stop selling after this year.

You don't seem to understand that switch is at the end of its cycle and sales will be way more front loaded then before.  This is selling to user base of 140 million vs those other games where switch was in its prime and obviously those ever greens will have much longer legs, just look at TOTK, it's not gonna sale as much as BOTW for sure.

You don’t seem to understand that Switch isn’t about to roll over and die, Nintendo is projecting another 13.5m hardware and 165m software this fiscal year and it’s hardware/software will continue to sell even after Switch 2 releases, especially software as Switch 2 will be backwards compatible.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

You don't seem to understand that switch is at the end of its cycle and sales will be way more front loaded then before.  This is selling to user base of 140 million vs those other games where switch was in its prime and obviously those ever greens will have much longer legs, just look at TOTK, it's not gonna sale as much as BOTW for sure.

You don’t seem to understand that Switch isn’t about to roll over and die, Nintendo is projecting another 13.5m hardware and 165m software this fiscal year and it’s hardware/software will continue to sell even after Switch 2 releases, especially software as Switch 2 will be backwards compatible.

No but you are comparing game sales to a system that was doing 18-20 million for next 4 years vs a system that should soon roll over and die. Mario wonder is also on install base that's 140 million now vs those games which had install base of around 50 million so you should not expect anywhere near the same legs for Mario wonder has those games, and mario wonder deluxe version is not counted in these predictions. 

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

No but you are comparing game sales to a system that was doing 18-20 million for next 4 years vs a system that should soon roll over and die. Mario wonder is also on install base that's 140 million now vs those games which had install base of around 50 million so you should not expect anywhere near the same legs for Mario wonder has those games, and mario wonder deluxe version is not counted in these predictions. 

Your logic doesn’t make sense because each of those three games did 2+ million this fiscal year, they are years old games on a massive install base, everybody who wants them should have them by now yet they all saw virtually no YoY decline.

I didn’t say anything about a Deluxe version, I said Switch 2 will be backwards compatible so it won’t affect Wonder legs.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I wish Super Mario Bros. Wonder surpassed NSMBU Deluxe.

zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

Your logic doesn’t make sense because each of those three games did 2+ million this fiscal year, they are years old games on a massive install base, everybody who wants them should have them by now yet they all saw virtually no YoY decline.

I didn’t say anything about a Deluxe version, I said Switch 2 will be backwards compatible so it won’t affect Wonder legs.

Switch still had a amazing year last year in term of hardware sales we should start seeing massive decline this year and with switch 2 reveal, but hey I guess let's wait till this year us over to see where it ends up.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

Switch still had a amazing year last year in term of hardware sales we should start seeing massive decline this year and with switch 2 reveal, but hey I guess let's wait till this year us over to see where it ends up.

They gave out their FY forecast, they are expecting a 14% decline for hardware and a 17% decline for software. Even if they miss their forecast, it’s not going to be a massive decline.

So what is the Spider-Man 2 sales numbers?

zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

They gave out their FY forecast, they are expecting a 14% decline for hardware and a 17% decline for software. Even if they miss their forecast, it’s not going to be a massive decline.

I'm expecting mario wonder to fall off like totk but in a slower fashion. Still gonna end  at 22 million life time sales just like I predicted 

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm expecting mario wonder to fall off like totk but in a slower fashion. Still gonna end  at 22 million life time sales just like I predicted 

Funny how within the span of a few posts you've gone from 20m to 20-22m to now 22m.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Is SMW the new Cliff?