By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

What specifically were you right about in regards to Mario Wonder?

That it will sell around 20 million? That seems premature.

That it will be outsold by Spiderman? The race isn't over but Mario currently has the edge.

That it's not a big deal and that people weren't hyped for it? The sales would seem to contradict that.

That it will sell on par with NSMBUD? It's sold more in it's first two and half months than NSMBUD sold in it's first year and a half.

I was right about it not being a big deal as people were making out be. Being a 35-40 million sellers was a comman prediction. I think realistically we might be looking at 25-27 million tops.

How many people actually predicted 35-40 million though? I saw one or two, but it didn't seem that common.

And you keep moving the goalposts, at one point you said 20 million, then 22, now 25-27.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

I was right about it not being a big deal as people were making out be. Being a 35-40 million sellers was a comman prediction. I think realistically we might be looking at 25-27 million tops.

How many people actually predicted 35-40 million though? I saw one or two, but it didn't seem that common.

And you keep moving the goalposts, at one point you said 20 million, then 22, now 25-27.

The people I was arguing with were saying 35-40 million. Not moving goal posts but Mario wonder is doing better then expected Istill think 22-24 million tops now.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 20 February 2024

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

People can change their predictions whenever, I know I do when I receive more information so I expect others to do so as well. I personally dont think changing a prediction is moving a goal post. Why do you think that?

That just means he realized that his original prediction was wrong.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
curl-6 said:

People can change their predictions whenever, I know I do when I receive more information so I expect others to do so as well. I personally dont think changing a prediction is moving a goal post. Why do you think that?

That was kinda my point though, if one's initial predictions turned out to be wrong, then one cannot say that they were right all along.

curl-6 said:
Shtinamin_ said:

That was kinda my point though, if one's initial predictions turned out to be wrong, then one cannot say that they were right all along.

That I do agree with. And that's ok. Cool he was wrong, big whoop.

Call it out and let it be.

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network
Shtinamin_ said:
curl-6 said:

It wasn't my intent to hound him about it, we're just having a discussion.

curl-6 said:
Shtinamin_ said:

It wasn't my intent to hound him about it, we're just having a discussion.

I understand that, no worries.
I felt like it wasnt going anywhere. You can continue to discuss if you want. Just don't want it turning into another name calling situation like we see on other threads.

Shtinamin_ said:
curl-6 said:

But he claims he was right after changing his prediction, that’s literally the opposite of being right.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Shtinamin_ said:

But he claims he was right after changing his prediction, that’s literally the opposite of being right.

It's still way to early but I said its diffently not looking like 30+ million titles like many believed

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

It's still way to early but I said its diffently not looking like 30+ million titles like many believed

Based on?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.