By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 121 84.03%

Spiderman 2 23 15.97%

Total:144
Chrkeller said:
RolStoppable said:

Of course they are on a sales website.

The responses from Phenoma aside, the tone in here hasn't been any sharper than during your longlasting battle with Soundwave about graphics.

Perhaps.  But I'm guessing nobody will demand multiple apologies when the S2 specs are announced and the expected is then confirmed.  

Naw it's not that serious, this guy is delusional and thinks he works for a video games sales firm lol. Mario fatigue was plausible  theory  since we never had so many mario platformers on one system. This same guy  you are replying too predicted brawl on wii would out sell GTA4 which outsold brawl by double, why would he think that? obviously  in his mind people would be tired of the GTA games and they would stop growing in sales welp GTAV went on to do 200 million. sales are just predictions we had firms  that get paid millions  predicting the death of handheld gaming and switch turned out to be massive  success. In he end my prediction of mario wonder is one of the closer ones since i predicted    10 million by the end of the holidays, instead of many that predicted 20 million and even one person said spiderman 2 would only do 10 million cause or super hero fatigue or  wonder would sell spiderman 2 LTD by the end of the quarter but i  don't go around hounding them cause its their opinion and thoughts like some of these guys here that get offended for anything negative against  Nintendo, But they don't questions that other insane off predictions. 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 19 February 2024

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Perhaps.  But I'm guessing nobody will demand multiple apologies when the S2 specs are announced and the expected is then confirmed.  

Naw it's not that serious, this guy is delusional and thinks he works for a video games sales firm lol. Mario fatigue was plausible  theory  since we never had so many mario platformers on one system. This same guy  you are replying too predicted brawl on wii would out sell GTA4 which outsold brawl by double, why would he think that? obviously  in his mind people would be tired of the GTA games and they would stop growing in sales welp GTAV went on to do 200 million. sales are just predictions we had firms  that get paid millions  predicting the death of handheld gaming and switch turned out to be massive  success. In he end my prediction of mario wonder is one of the closer ones since i predicted    10 million by the end of the holidays, instead of many that predicted 20 million and even one person said spiderman 2 would only do 10 million cause or super hero fatigue or  wonder would sell spiderman 2 LTD by the end of the quarter but i  don't go around hounding them cause its their opinion and thoughts like some of these guys here that get offended for anything negative against  Nintendo, But they don't questions that other insane off predictions. 

Mario fatigue was not a plausible theory, there has to be some form of actual data to suggest something like that. We could plainly see from Mario sales on Switch that just about every Mario series (Kart, 3D, Party, Paper, Maker, Tennis, Golf, Strikers, etc) either became the best-selling or close to the best-selling. That on top of the fact that a massively successful movie and theme park had just released meant that the theory was based on absolutely nothing other than you wanting it to be true.

Nobody cares about Rol’s GTA/Brawl prediction because it was over 15 fucking years ago, the shit you’re saying is recent and you absolutely refuse to use any form of data or trends to back up your opinions/predictions (an issue myself and others have brought up in various other threads), it’s literally just, “I think this because it’s what I want to happen!”

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

Mario fatigue was not a plausible theory, there has to be some form of actual data to suggest something like that. We could plainly see from Mario sales on Switch that just about every Mario series (Kart, 3D, Party, Paper, Maker, Tennis, Golf, Strikers, etc) either became the best-selling or close to the best-selling. That on top of the fact that a massively successful movie and theme park had just released meant that the theory was based on absolutely nothing other than you wanting it to be true.

Nobody cares about Rol’s GTA/Brawl prediction because it was over 15 fucking years ago, the shit you’re saying is recent and you absolutely refuse to use any form of data or trends to back up your opinions/predictions (an issue myself and others have brought up in various other threads), it’s literally just, “I think this because it’s what I want to happen!”

How was it not plausible when New super mario deluxe and 3d world with new levels don't do any insane numbers? yes you can make the argument that they are old ports but the reality is no one got to play them and mario kart 8 deluxe is a port that ends being the best selling switch game ever as well so yes it was plausible in my mind, agree to disagree  and move the fuck on.

Doesn't really matter his prediction was one of the worst ever and especially since GTAV did 200 million in his mind the franchise was getting stale and he entitled to have taht prediction he says sales are serious business but why aren't you both hounding the guy that said Mario would out sell spiderman 2 LTD by the end of the holidays or spiderman 2 would only do 10 million.    

Last edited by zeldaring - on 19 February 2024

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

How was it not plausible when New super mario deluxe and 3d world with new levels don't do any insane numbers? yes you can make the argument that they are old ports but the reality is no one got to play them and mario kart 8 deluxe is a port that ends being the best selling switch game ever as well so yes it was plausible in my mind, agree to disagree  and move the fuck on.

Doesn't really matter his prediction was one fo the worst ever and especially since GTAV did 200 million in his mind the franchise was getting stale and he entitled to have taht prediction he says sales are serious business but why aren't both hounding the guy that said mario would sell spiderman LTD by the end of the holidays or spiderman 2 would only do 10 million.    

What are you talking about? Even being late ports, 3D World & NSMBU on Switch are some of the best-selling entries in franchise history.

2D Mario

1.Super Mario Bros.-40.24 million

2. New Super Mario Bros.-30.80 million

3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii-30.32 million

4. Super Mario World-20.61 million

5. Super Mario Land-18.14 million

6. Super Mario Bros. 3-17.28 million

7. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe-17.20 million

8. New Super Mario Bros. 2-13.42 million

9. Super Mario Land 2-11.18 million

10. Super Mario All Stars-10.55 million

11. Super Mario Bros. 2-7.46 million

12. New Super Mario Bros. U-5.82 million

13. Super Mario Advance 2-5.69 million

14. Super Mario Advance-5.57 million

15. Super Mario Advance 4-5.43 million

16. Super Mario Bros. DX-5.07 million

NSMBU Deluxe is still growing and on track to sell over 20 million and pass Bros 3, Land and possibly World before it’s done selling. Only the NES original and the DS/Wii versions (and eventually Wonder) will be above it.

3D Mario

1. Super Mario Odyssey-27.65 million

2. Super Mario 3D World+Bowser’s Fury-13.17 million

3. Super Mario 3D Land-12.88 million

4. Super Mario Galaxy-12.80 million

5. Super Mario 64-11.91 million

6. Super Mario 64 DS-11.06 million

7. Super Mario 3D All Stars-9.07 million

8. Super Mario Galaxy 2-7.47 million

9. Super Mario Sunshine-5.91 million

10. Super Mario 3D World-5.89 million

3D World+ Bowser’s Fury is the 2nd best selling 3D Mario only behind Odyssey and is still growing, it will likely pass 15 million.

His prediction had nothing to do with GTAV, it was about GTA IV and were you around back then to know his reasoning? Also it’s funny you are telling me to move on in regards to a few month old prediction then bring up a 15 year old one.

As for those other people’s predictions, like I mentioned to Chrkeller, you have a combative history and have made yourself a mark, those other people have not done so.

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 19 February 2024

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

Doesn't really matter his prediction was one fo the worst ever and especially since GTAV did 200 million in his mind the franchise was getting stale and he entitled to have taht prediction he says sales are serious business but why aren't both hounding the guy that said mario would sell spiderman LTD by the end of the holidays or spiderman 2 would only do 10 million.    

What are you talking about? Even being late ports, 3D World & NSMBU on Switch are some of the best-selling entries in franchise history.

2D Mario

1.Super Mario Bros.-40.24 million

2. New Super Mario Bros.-30.80 million

3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii-30.32 million

4. Super Mario World-20.61 million

5. Super Mario Land-18.14 million

6. Super Mario Bros. 3-17.28 million

7. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe-17.20 million

8. New Super Mario Bros. 2-13.42 million

9. Super Mario Land 2-11.18 million

10. Super Mario All Stars-10.55 million

11. Super Mario Bros. 2-7.46 million

12. New Super Mario Bros. U-5.82 million

13. Super Mario Advance 2-5.69 million

14. Super Mario Advance-5.57 million

15. Super Mario Advance 4-5.43 million

16. Super Mario Bros. DX-5.07 million

NSMBU Deluxe is still growing and on track to sell over 20 million and pass Bros 3, Land and possibly World before it’s done selling. Only the NES original and the DS/Wii versions (and eventually Wonder) will be above it.

3D Mario

1. Super Mario Odyssey-27.65 million

2. Super Mario 3D World+Bowser’s Fury-13.17 million

3. Super Mario 3D Land-12.88 million

4. Super Mario Galaxy-12.80 million

5. Super Mario 64-11.91 million

6. Super Mario 64 DS-11.06 million

7. Super Mario 3D All Stars-9.07 million

8. Super Mario Galaxy 2-7.47 million

9. Super Mario Sunshine-5.91 million

10. Super Mario 3D World-5.89 million

3D World+ Bowser’s Fury is the 2nd best selling 3D Mario only behind Odyssey and is still growing, it will likely pass 15 million.

His prediction had nothing to do with GTAV, it was about GTA IV and were you around back then to know his reasoning? Also it’s funny you are telling me to move on in regards to a few month old prediction then bring up a 15 year old one.

As for those other people’s predictions, like I mentioned to Chrkeller, you have a combative history and have made yourself a mark, those other people have not done so.

When I say insane sales consider the context people were saying 35-40 million for wonder and the install base of thr switch to me it shows that Mario wonder would be 20- million 22 million.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Because you replied with a snarky remark.

OK.  It was meant as a joke, but apparently it wasn't funny because predictions are serious business.  Got it!

Phenomajp13 said:
Chrkeller said:

OK.  It was meant as a joke, but apparently it wasn't funny because predictions are serious business.  Got it!

Mine was a joke too, but obviously it wasn't funny because your feelings are hurt. Got it!

Before I send a text, post, thread, or comment, I try to reread it in an angry tone. If it seems like it will come off as bad, I try to reword it obviously, I haven't done it for all of my posts, but I do the best I can.

Text with a positive and happy or curious emotion is very difficult to achieve. But I wish both of you great luck!

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I don't think people were offended by the notion that Spiderman might outsell Mario, it was more that folks disagreed with some of your reasoning, such as Wonder being "no big deal", there being "no excitement" for it, that it would sell on par with NSMBUD, that Youtube trailer views indicated which game would sell better, etc.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

I don't think people were offended by the notion that Spiderman might outsell Mario, it was more that folks disagreed with some of your reasoning, such as Wonder being "no big deal", there being "no excitement" for it, that it would sell on par with NSMBUD, that Youtube trailer views indicated which game would sell better, etc.

My prediction was 20-22 million so obviously its a big deal in that context but when people say 35-40 million at the end of a cycle to me that's on another level.

zeldaring said:

(...)

Doesn't really matter his prediction was one of the worst ever and especially since GTAV did 200 million in his mind the franchise was getting stale and he entitled to have taht prediction he says sales are serious business but why aren't you both hounding the guy that said Mario would out sell spiderman 2 LTD by the end of the holidays or spiderman 2 would only do 10 million.    

What kind of nonsense is this?

My reasoning for GTA IV vs. Brawl was that the Wii's huge hardware sales would lift the software sales of Nintendo's own games, resulting in new heights for numerous franchises. And that did happen on the Wii. Ultimately, I merely picked the wrong game at the time, because Mario Kart Wii comfortably outsold GTA IV. The lesson learned from this is to not believe the hype and trust your own instincts; the hype for Brawl on this forum greatly outpaced the anticipation for Mario Kart.

Because Mario Kart Wii outsold GTA IV so easily, my prediction wasn't and still isn't regarded as "one of the worst ever". Funnily enough, this prediction from 16 years ago has actual relevance to this thread, because it demonstrates how one is supposed to react to being wrong.

Sadly, my post history has been wiped due to a security problem on VGC and my posts haven't been restored yet, but that doesn't mean that other people's posts are gone. Back in the day I owned up to my end of the bet and sent my opponent a PM, hence why he (Legend11) is the first one to respond in my thread:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/96804/omg-rol-got-banned-whom-do-we-have-to-thank/1/

He didn't want to go through with the bet, even though he had won. Didn't expect that kind of reaction, huh?

The bottom line is that your attempt here to make someone else look bad just backfired massively. You really are a casual, quickrick.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
zeldaring said:

(...)

What kind of nonsense is this?

My reasoning for GTA IV vs. Brawl was that the Wii's huge hardware sales would lift the software sales of Nintendo's own games, resulting in new heights for numerous franchises. And that did happen on the Wii. Ultimately, I merely picked the wrong game at the time, because Mario Kart Wii comfortably outsold GTA IV. The lesson learned from this is to not believe the hype and trust your own instincts; the hype for Brawl on this forum greatly outpaced the anticipation for Mario Kart.

Because Mario Kart Wii outsold GTA IV so easily, my prediction wasn't and still isn't regarded as "one of the worst ever". Funnily enough, this prediction from 16 years ago has actual relevance to this thread, because it demonstrates how one is supposed to react to being wrong.

Sadly, my post history has been wiped due to a security problem on VGC and my posts haven't been restored yet, but that doesn't mean that other people's posts are gone. Back in the day I owned up to my end of the bet and sent my opponent a PM, hence why he (Legend11) is the first one to respond in my thread:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/96804/omg-rol-got-banned-whom-do-we-have-to-thank/1/

He didn't want to go through with the bet, even though he had won. Didn't expect that kind of reaction, huh?

The bottom line is that your attempt here to make someone else look bad just backfired massively. You really are a casual, quickrick.

Mario kart is much bigger than brawl.  Anyway I'm a casual because I was right about mario wonder and you expectations of 40 million are off by miles. Still a silly prediction considering gta is now the biggest selling franchise and every installment  was selling near or over 20 million after gat3 while brawl never even broke 20 million before the switch version.

And who this quick Rick you Hava dreams of. Do you want a quickie with him or something?

Last edited by zeldaring - on 20 February 2024