By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Portal (Remote Play device) announced for $199, coming November 15th

PlayStation Portal remote player brings the PS5 experience to the palm of your hand. It includes the key features of the DualSense wireless controller, including adaptive triggers and haptic feedback*. The vibrant 8-inch LCD screen is capable of 1080p resolution at 60fps, providing a high definition visual experience that's expected from the high quality games created by world-class developers.

PlayStation Portal is the perfect device for gamers in households where they might need to share their living room TV or simply want to play PS5 games in another room of the house. PlayStation Portal will connect remotely to your PS5 over Wi-Fi**, so you'll be able to swiftly jump from playing on your PS5 to your PlayStation Portal. PlayStation Portal can play supported games that are installed on your PS5 console and use the Dualsense controller. It also includes a 3.5mm audio jack for wired audio. PS VR2 games, which require the headset, and games that are streamed through PlayStation Plus Premium's cloud streaming, are not supported.

PlayStation Portal remote player will launch later this year for 199.99 USD | 219.99 EURO | 199.99 GBP | 29,980 YEN. We'll have more details soon on when pre-orders begin for PlayStation Portal.

PlayStation.blog

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 23 August 2023

Around the Network

The new "PSP" lol

$199 is a decent price tag considering Backbone is $99 without a screen.

Can we use this as a secondary controller as well? If so, then that just adds more value to this.

Without the ability to stream from the cloud, this seems like it's going to be a very niche device. The biggest benefit I see is the ability to play games while taking a dump.

I guess you can play in your bedroom or living room without buying an additional ps5. But, you still have to own at least one PS5 console, and you have to pay another $200 for this thing.

Anyway, it's hard to see this working out for me. Maybe it's good for crowded households where there's competition for use of the TV where the PS5 is hooked up.

Great add on for the PS5. Same price as the Dualsense Edge. Will be getting it day one.

Well at least it is cheap and you can play games, while not using the TV. I liked that feature about Wii U.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

It's definitely a gaming product.

A bit expensive to have mass appeal I think. I mean the Switch Lite has the same price, so it will probably only appeal to hardcore Sony fans. It could still do ok though.

I like its name.

Qwark said:

Well at least it is cheap and you can play games, while not using the TV. I liked that feature about Wii U.

Lol. Almost half the price of the console. Not cheap in my book.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Qwark said:

Lol. Almost half the price of the console. Not cheap in my book.

If you're getting the digital version, then it is half the price of the console lol