By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from next gen Nintendo games?

I feel like I have the smallest and easiest ask in the world... port WWHD or TPHD to the switch or switch 2. I genuinely don't get how this hasn't happened yet.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Pajderman said:

Not Nintendos strong side but I wish to see more story driven games. Nintendo bought the IPs for Hotel Dusk and Another Code when Cing went bankrupt.

They did? Did they acquire the code as well? Then they could at least remake the games, especially Another Code R, which is among the most beautiful Wii games.

I don't know about Another Code now that I think of it. Nintendo acquired Hotel dusk but I cannot find anything conclusive regarding the Another code/Trace memory IP. I just assumed since they own the Kyle Hyde games that Nintendo bought Cings portfolio when they got bankrupt. Especially since they published both the Another code games as well.

However other games from Cing was published by Capcom (Glass Rose), Tecmo (Monster rancher DS, Again) and Marvelous Entertainment (Little Kings Story). And Little Kings story can be bought from steam from Marvelous so I assume they own it. So Nintendo did not buy the full portfolio at least. 

Found the trademark for Another Code with Nintendo as the owner. So they got both hotel Dusk and another code at least.

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00801429503

Pajderman said:

Found the trademark for Another Code with Nintendo as the owner. So they got both hotel Dusk and another code at least.

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00801429503

Oh nice, so they are not in IP hell. So please Nintendo, at least rerelease them all for Switch, so they can get known to a broader audience. It might be a bit challenging for the DS games, as they use both screens (although it was possible with Etrian Odyssey), but Another Code R was a Wii game. The stuff with the Wiimote should be possible with the Joycons, so please rerelease the games. Please, Nintendo!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

How about an adventure game starring R.O.B. so that he's more than just someone in Smash?

Around the Network

I want a cheap home console, an RTX 4060 in a box, so that I can play Nintendo games without feeling like I'm 10 years behind.

I'd also like to see Nintendo branch out more in terms of collaborathing with outside studios; many great games from their past have resulted from such partnerships, such as Mario RPG with Square, F-Zero GX with Sega, Astral Chain with Platinum, Sin and Punishment with Treasure, Metroid Dread with Mercury Steam, etc.

I'd love to see, say, Diddy Kong Racing 2 by the old ex-Rare team at Playtonic.

Not only can this help bring a freshness to some of their IPs, but as games become more intensive to create, they're going to need to work with external partners to ensure a steady flow of software.

Garrus said:

I want a cheap home console, an RTX 4060 in a box, so that I can play Nintendo games without feeling like I'm 10 years behind.

A cheap home console with a $300 gpu?!?  Isn't that a paradox?

I also want more challenging games! I skip on a lot of Nintendo games just because of lack of challenge. Having a hard mode can really help a game sometimes. I skipped the Skyward HD remaster just because I couldn’t play on hard mode right from the start. On the other hand I greatly enjoyed Link’s Awakening for that very reason. Such a shame.

curl-6 said:

I'd also like to see Nintendo branch out more in terms of collaborathing with outside studios; many great games from their past have resulted from such partnerships, such as Mario RPG with Square, F-Zero GX with Sega, Astral Chain with Platinum, Sin and Punishment with Treasure, Metroid Dread with Mercury Steam, etc.

I'd love to see, say, Diddy Kong Racing 2 by the old ex-Rare team at Playtonic.

Not only can this help bring a freshness to some of their IPs, but as games become more intensive to create, they're going to need to work with external partners to ensure a steady flow of software.

If not Playtonic, then perhaps someone Playtonic knows through their stint as a publisher who can do Diddy Kong Racing 2 justice. Or Sumo Digital, who did Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, so they can just build on that with Donkey Kong Country characters.