By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from next gen Nintendo games?

Eww @ 30 fps

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Eww @ 30 fps

40 fps as Minimum would be nice.

So 40 - 60 fps in undocked mode (with a display that supports 40 - 60 Hz), 30fps/60Hz only as a fallback for Switch1-games.

40 - 60 fps also in docked mode, 30fps/60Hz only as a fallback for Switch1-games or if the TV doesn't support 40fps/120Hz or 40 - 60 Hz VRR/G-Sync.

A high-budget, 3D, non-final fantasy Squaresoft RPG. And Street Fighter. And Metroid Prime 4 in very high quality.

PAOerfulone said:

Zelda: Go back to more of the traditional 3D formula in the main game. You can still have the open world similar to BOTW and TOTK, but don't make them immediately accessible from the jump, because it's really hard to tell a cohesive story that way. Tears of the Kingdom, I felt tried to do more of that, but still clung a little too much to the Breath of the Wild openness and exploration and as a result, the storytelling suffered. For example, when finding the dragon's tears became available, I immediately made that a priority, and by the time I got the final tear, I had only completed one of the dungeons or so and anytime I would hear/see someone go...

Spoiler!
"Look it's Zelda! What's going on?! Why is Zelda there?! What is she doing?!"

I would scratch my head or roll my eyes and say...

Spoiler!
"Guys, that's NOT Zelda! She's that big blonde-haired dragon flying over Central Hyrule!"

And the more it happened, the more it took me out of it. If they had held off on the tear collecting until AFTER you completed the dungeons, or only made some of them accessible/unlockable after each dungeon, it would have made for a more emotional investment and a bigger impact when you finally DO realize what happened.

The open world can still be there, but have it take a back seat to incorporate more of the old school 3D elements that we had from Ocarina of Time to Skyward Sword - More emphasis on dungeons, story-telling, and character development. And the more the story progresses, the more of the world you unlock.

As for other Nintendo franchises:

Mario: A full-fledged 3D game w/ the Bowser's Fury gameplay and formula. I felt like they really had something going there. They were scratching the surface on what could be a perfect combination/marriage of the classic, level-based, side-scrolling 2D formula in a 3D setting that 3D Land and 3D World were, w/ the more exploration, sand-boxed, collectable styled formula that 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2, and Odyssey were. An entire game in that style spent on smoothing the edges and capitalizing on the feedback of Bowser's Fury could give us a really outstanding 3D game that gives us the best of both worlds.

Smash Bros: Let's be honest w/ ourselves. Chances are, we're never going to get a roster as massive and expansive as Ultimate ever again. That's a once in a lifetime experience much like Avengers: Endgame was and it's going to be a VERY long time before we ever get something close to that scale, if ever. And honestly, for the sake of roster balance, I think that's a good thing. Having a balanced roster of unique fighters w/a class of over 90 playable characters is not just insanely hard, it's damn near impossible! So cut down on the roster size. Doesn't have to be 69 + 13 DLC fighters, not counting Echo fighters and they CERTAINLY don't need to go beyond that. They could realistically cut it down to 45-50 for the base game, and then do the expansion passes to add another 10-15 so that you end up w/ 55-65 in total - which would still be less than Ultimate but still a pretty large roster. Start w/ the original 12 as the core and build around that. And by doing that, you put more focus and resources on other parts of the game - More stages, more music tracks, the online play, AN ACTUAL STORY MODE!!! Etc.

Pokemon: Just give Game Freak more staff and give them an extra 1-2 years to develop each game! If they insist on having a new game or DLC, anything mainline Pokemon releasing every year, then take the Call of Duty approach w/ it. Right now Game Freak has 169 employees Go on a huge hiring spree and expand Game Freak to 3-4 teams of 100-200 each and have them each work on a specific project.
Team A would be the biggest one. They can work on the next mainline generation w/ a smaller team working on the DLC after it releases w/ the rest of the team moving on to the next generation.
Team B can work on the remakes/remasters of previous gens (Gen 5 remakes are next in line).
Team C can work on the Pokemon Legends line of games. Out of all the Switch games, Legends Arceus was the best one in my view. That's a series that has promise and potential and I'd like to see them explore that more.
Team D can work on the Let's Go line.
And whenever Teams B, C, or D aren't working on anything or when they have some free time, they can assist Team A.
I realize that this would take a lot of time and resources for them to pull off, but guess what? Pokemon is the biggest multimedia franchise in the entire world and they rake in wheelbarrows of cash w/o even trying. They have the money to make it happen! And if they have to delay their new projects a year or so in order to ensure they do it right, so be it! That just gives the current gens more time to sell, strengthening their legs, and they got money coming in from the TV/film rights for the anime, mountains of merchandise, the trading card game, and Pokemon GO. Revenue and profits may go down, in fact, there's a chance they might even take a loss for a bit, but it'd be worth it in the long run. For the sake of improvement and investing in your long term health and future, it's better to take those losses/hits now when you're riding this high than when your back is against the wall.

Donkey Kong: Just release a new game already!

Splatoon: More emphasis on single player.

Fire Emblem: Build off of Engage's formula. The gameplay was great, but the worldbuilding and character development left a lot to be desired - And for an RPG, those two things are KINDA important! So invest more into that!

Monolith Soft/Xenoblade: Xenosaga remakes! The entire trilogy, and perhaps even Xenogears, bring them all back as remakes so that we can get the chance to play them.

Spoiler!
Especially w/ how Future Redeemed ended and those HUGE easter eggs at the end w/ the radio and that star/comet heading towards the reformed world. I don't think that was done just to be cute, Monolith Soft's got something planned there! Whatever Xenoblade Chronicles 4 or the next saga ends up being, it's going to have something to do w/ Xenosaga!
Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 19 August 2023

Chrkeller said:

Eww @ 30 fps

60fps comes with compromises; for a game like modern Zelda, a big part of its appeal is the richness and dynamic nature of its world. 30fps allows for much more processing time for physics, interactive systems, AI, simulation.

60fps is great for some games, but its not always the best use of limited processing power, in my opinion.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

Eww @ 30 fps

60fps comes with compromises; for a game like modern Zelda, a big part of its appeal is the richness and dynamic nature of its world. 30fps allows for much more processing time for physics, interactive systems, AI, simulation.

60fps is great for some games, but its not always the best use of limited processing power, in my opinion.

I see where you are coming from and don't get me wrong I love tears and breath.  But fps directly impact gameplay.  60 fps is so smooth and accurate with aiming.  I'll take fps over resolution.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

I see where you are coming from and don't get me wrong I love tears and breath.  But fps directly impact gameplay.  60 fps is so smooth and accurate with aiming.  I'll take fps over resolution.  

I would take fps over resolution as well, agreed on that.

For a game like Zelda though, I'd take a rich, complex, and dynamic world over 60fps, since my favourite thing about those games was how the interactivity and physics made the world feel so alive and interesting.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 August 2023

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Zelda doesn't need 60fps. Framerate is only a problem in Zelda when it occasionally drops, not when it is running at 30. 30 is fine for Zelda, resources would be much better served next gen filling out the world than just pointlessly pushing it to 60fps. Just lock zelda at 30fps and its great.

I think it depends on the Zelda game. Breath, 30 fps is fine. WWHD would be amazing at 60 fps.  Though at this point I just want a port since I don't own a Wii U anymore.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Excluding the 2D games, Skyward Sword HD is the only 3D Zelda game running at 60fps. It's clear that 60fps is not a priority for the zelda team, though with true a generational leap in power since the Wii U I'm hoping that will change, but I don't have high expectations.